Chapter 60

Chapter 60 "Lin Chuge, do you like me?...

    Pei Zhou's voice penetrated into his ears, Lin Chuge leaned his back against the tree trunk, slightly opened his eyes, and looked at the person in front of him without blinking. She shrank her body involuntarily, trying her best to ignore the crazily beating heart in her chest, and wanted to speak, but her throat seemed to be choked and she couldn't speak.

    There are people coming and going on the avenue not far away.

    Many passers-by noticed them under the tree and cast inquiring eyes.

    Lin Chuge felt that his whole body was roasted by these probing eyes.

    Her cheeks became hotter and hotter, and being watched by Pei Zhou again, her fingers on the tree trunk also gained strength.

    "Pei Zhou..."

    Lin Chuge called out his name with difficulty, and his previous righteousness had already been turned into dust.

    Pei Zhou looked at her with burning eyes, bent down a little, and got closer. As Pei Zhou's aura approached, Lin Chuge tilted his head, but the other party moved closer to her ear, and said, "You actually knew it a long time ago, didn't you?"

    Lin Chuge bit his lip and looked at a nearby street lamp: "Know what?"

    Pei Zhou's hot air sprayed on her skin between breaths, making her scalp numb and her body trembling slightly.

    "Heh."

    Pei Zhou chuckled in her ear, as if laughing at her pretending to be stupid.

    "Then tell me, why did you treat me so well back then? Why do you have to meddle in my affairs?" "

    Obviously we don't know each other well, but according to what you told me before, you should still be afraid of me."

    Lin Chuge fell silent.

    Pei Zhou found out that she had "impure purpose" back then.

    So what to do?

    She lowered her eyes and picked at the tree trunk with her fingers, unable to think of any reason to deceive Pei Zhou.

    Or more precisely...

    She didn't want to lie to him, but she also couldn't confess everything, couldn't tell the secret.

    "Because."

    Lin Chuge whispered, "I want to treat you well."

    This sentence is not a lie.

    At that time, she was kind to Pei Zhou and took care of his affairs, she really wanted him to be good.

    It's just that it's not because I like him, there are other reasons.

    Although she does like him now.

    Hearing this, Pei Zhou pinched Lin Chuge's chin with a little strength, forcing her to turn her face to face him. Pei Zhou looked into Lin Chuge's eyes and asked her, "Why do you want to be nice to me? Why do you care about my affairs?"

    Lin Chuge couldn't answer.

    She faltered, and Pei Zhou continued to ask her: "Have you ever thought about the consequences of what you did?"

    Lin Chuge was dumbfounded by the words: "Consequences? What...consequences?"

    Pei Zhou snickered, but did not answer , before she could react, he put his other arm around her waist.