Chapter 90 - Family

Start from the beginning

—————————————————————

Once Severus and Little Sev returned to the Snape family's home, Severus sent his son off to play with Disencan while he immediatley went to check on Harriet.

His eyes widened when he walked into the bedroom to find Harriet kneeling in front of the headboard with her belly resting on two of her nest's fluffy pillows.

"My love?!?!" Severus called instantly as he rushed over. His brow furrowed in concern as he gently placed one hand on her shoulder and one on her lower back as he urgently asked, "Shall I call the midwife? Are you having any pain?"

"Not.......real pain, Sev, just.....early pain." Harriet sighed as she arched her spine and blew out a breath.

Severus silently skimmed her thoughts.

After he detected the area that gave her the most discomfort, he began to knead that exact spot with his skilled hands.

"It won't be long now, my love." He drawled in a low, soothing tone.

"No." Harriet agreed as she closed her eyes, "No, it won't......Did Maggie make it onto the train?"

"She did, yes." Severus replied.

Reluctantly, he kept the promise he had made to his daughter.

"......She also asked to be present for the birth." He revealed.

"What........?" Harriet chuckled as she glanced over at her husband in disbelief.

"Before she boarded the train, she made it clear that I was to ask you if she could attend the birth." Severus nodded.

Harriet scoffed as an amused smile crossed her face, "Won't that be a bit much for........someone her age?"

"When I related that same concern, she looked at me as if I had two heads." Severus quipped, "I informed her the final decision on the matter would rest with you, which of course......is true, my love."

Harriet blew out another breath as she thought.

Severus removed his hands as his wife slowly turned on her side and looked at him questioningly, ".......And what are your ideas on the subject, Sev?"

"My ideas on the subject....." Severus began in his decadent voice, ".......Are that a child her age has no business taking such an interest in a pregnancy to begin with, my love. How many questions has she asked you this summer? How many times has she touched your womb? A young girl should have other concerns and-"

"-I dunno, Sev." Harriet shrugged, "If things had been different when I was growing up, I may have been interested too, had I been in Maggie's spot during a similar situation."

Severus scowled.

"She and Scorpius have become the best of friends." Harriet smiled softly.

".........A mistake which I have vehemently cautioned her against." He responded in a cutting tone.

"I thought you endorsed the two of them?" Harriet asked.

"Originally, yes, until I saw the look in the Malfoy boy's eyes." Severus frowned, "All that lies ahead for them is pain.....I've expressed that news to our daughter, yet I fear.....my words have fallen on deaf ears."

"Pain?" Harriet laughed before her smile faded, ".....:Do you think he'll hurt Maggie?"

Severus gazed at his wife.

"........Or are you afraid she'll be foolish like me and do something brash?" Harriet frowned.

Severus remained silent as he stared into Harriet's emerald eyes.

She sighed as she pulled the blankets up to her shoulder and shrugged, "Perhaps it would do her some good if she were present for the birth."

".........My love?" Severus questioned.

"You're worried about what's to come in her teenage years." Harriet reasoned, "No better birth control for a future omega than to watch a delivery."

"The scene may very well traumatize the child." Severus frowned.

"She can always leave the room when she's ready." Harriet yawned, "We have a couple weeks to decide.....Lay with me for awhile, won't you, Sev? I need to be near you."

A sly smirk of haughty pride graced Severus's lips as he slipped off his shoes and cloak to join Harriet in her nest.

As his expectant wife cuddled against him, he cradled his mate's heavy belly in his hands and pressed a gentle kiss to Harriet's lips.

Severus loved his daughter and son more than spoken language could convey.

Regardless, he achieved his greatest sense of satisfaction whenever his darling Harriet expressed a blatant desire for him.

Being needed was the highest compliment an alpha could receive from his mate.