~Chapter Fifty-Nine~

6 months later

When we lost Theo, we thought we lost everything. Especially Victoria.

She's been struggling to forgive herself for what happened. She's trying to forget the night that he died in her arms.

So she's distanced herself from our friends which I don't blame her for. She deserves to have time to be with her thoughts and emotions.

I just want what's best for her.

But she's doing better than she originally was. She's started to come with terms with everything. She knew that begging for him to come back every time she tried to go to sleep wasn't going to bring him back. She knew that waking up every morning and wishing that she was dead wasn't going to make him happy.

So she stopped and decided to try and start getting better.

And she has been. She's started seeing a therapist and doing things that make her feel normal, doing things that make her feel sane.

And she's been telling me more recently that it's helping her. Her doing things that she loves is helping her get better.

So I bought her a grand piano, the prettiest one I could find. And I had her and her brothers name engraved on the side.

When she saw it, she cried. She cried and cried, thanking me I've and over again. All I remember doing was smiling at her.

And that's what I'm doing right now.

I stared at her as she slept soundly in our bed.

I know. I finally have the privilege to call it our bed.

I pushed some hair away from her face, caressing her cheek. She subtly snuggled into my hand, sighing in contentment.

"It's three in the morning, why are you still up?" She whispered softly. She opened her eyes and stared up at me.

I've been wanting to ask her one question. Just one question but I'm afraid she'll say no.

We've only been together since after Theo died. And of course, I miss him, so much. He was my best friend and I'm still struggling to understand that he's gone.

But just like Victoria is trying to get better, so am I.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I realised that she was staring at me with concern.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked while sitting up.

"Nothing, I'm okay," I assured. She pouted a little before flopping back down onto the bed.

She took my hand, rubbing the callous on my palms.

"It's from the guns, I have a small patch too," she whispered. She brought my hand up to her lips before kissing my palm softly, and then my wrist.

"The scars, they've started to fade," she mumbled. I nodded a little before running my fingers through her hair.

"So beautiful," she giggled a little before sitting up, pulling the blanket close to her.

We heard a baby crying and I went to get up.

"I've got her," Victoria said while throwing the blanket into me. I threw it back at her watching as she pulled on some shorts.

"Perv," she muttered while rolling her eyes. She left the room while I sat up. I waited for her to come back and she eventually did.

Victoria entered the room with Eliane. She was sniffling in her arms.