~Chapter Eight~

I was now sitting on the bed with my phone in my hand. When he turned around to grab the alcohol, I took it from under a stack of papers.

Dumb fucker didn't see me.

Silas was already in bed, not saying a word. I felt as though I had failed to keep him safe as I promised.

"Mama, can you lay with me?" He questioned softly. I threw off my shoes and climbed into the bed next to him. He turned so he was facing me. He dragged his finger over the bandaid on my neck.

"What did he say?" He asked.

"We agreed on a few things, I'm going to help him and his family. But we have to stay here for nine days. Don't worry though, you'll be able to go to school," I assured while brushing his bed hair to the side. He merely nodded.

"And what about you? What's happening with you?" He asked while wrapping his arms around me.

"Well, it's not really important-

"It is, just tell me before I lose my shit," he grumbled. I let out a small chuckle.

"I'll work here every day and I'll be paid for it. Uhh, I can take one day off, the apartment will be cleaned before we go home. And you can go to school for the days we will be staying here. That's basically it," I shrugged.

"The pictures?" He asked.

"I gave them to him but he was being a dick. I just left," I sighed. He nodded and I kissed his forehead.

"I love you, you know that right?" I said softly. He nodded and put his head on my stomach. I massaged his scalp, making him hum in contentment.

"I don't have things for school," he mumbled.

"Don't worry about that," I told him. He nodded and kissed my palm.

"Goodnight mama," he sighed.

"Goodnight Tesoro," I replied. I watched as his breathing regulated and he fell asleep. Of course, I didn't fall asleep so I grabbed my phone and started looking through it. I had several texts and hundreds of missed calls from Omar.

I decided to call him back.

"Victoria you better have a good fucking explanation on why there were seven bodies in your house," he scolded. I started laughing.

"I'll give you an explanation when I get home, which is in about nine days-

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?" He shouted. I cringed slightly as he yelled. He started curing me out in Arabic while it tried to contain my laughter.

"I'll explain when I get home okay?" I questioned.

"Fine, and Nya was asking about you too, I lied to her," he sighed.

"That's fine, thank you," I replied. He hummed in response.

"Is Silas okay?" He questioned.

"More than okay," I assured.

"Okay well stay safe then, don't do stupid shit," he chuckled.

"I won't, goodnight Omar," I replied.

"Goodnight Vicky," he said before ending the call. I put my head back on the headboard. There was a knock at the door and I quickly shoved the phone down my pants.

The door opened slightly and I saw Isaiah on the other side. He was holding a school bag in his hand.

"Hey sorry, I just wanted to drop this off," he said softly. I nodded and he walked in, placing it on a desk.