~Chapter Nineteen~

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"What's with the fucking shaking?" He seethed while throwing his belt at me. I moved out of the way and stood in the corner of the room. His eyebrows pinched together in confusion.

"Are you going to stand there?" He questioned. I clenched my fists to control the shaking. I went over to the door and went outside. I could hear him cursing under his breath after I closed the door. I sat outside next to the door and calmed down.

"What the fuck is wrong with me?" I whispered to myself. I sat there for a few moments, waiting for him. I felt a shadow cast over me so I looked up.

Ares was standing there, his complexion like nothing I had ever seen. He had a beanie on his head even though it wasn't cold out. His muscles strained against the long sleeve shirt he was wearing. I watched as his eyes travelled up and down my body.

He reached his hand out, pointing to my forearm.

"Did he do that?" He questioned. My eyebrows pinched together. I looked at my forearm and saw a small bruise and nail marks. I shook my head no.

"hmm?" He hummed while raising his eyebrows a little. I nodded a little. He put out his hand, his muscles straining against the shirt. His hands were veiny, tattoos covering his fingers and knuckles. I hesitantly put my hand out and he lifted me from the floor.

I looked up at him, his eyes already staring back at me.

"Get your son. Capo wants me to take you guys home," he said. I nodded and walked away from him. I walked into our room and sat on the bed Silas was currently sleeping in. I kissed his head and rubbed his shoulder.

"Silas, wake up. We're going home," I said. He didn't answer. I rolled my eyes and started shaking him.

"Im t-tired," He rasped. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You sound sick," I mumbled while removing the covers from him.

"I f-feel it," He mumbled. I put the covers back onto him and started gathering our things. I placed everything in his school bag. I went over to him and woke him up again. He got up and changed while I waited outside for him.

He eventually walked out of the room. We walked down the hall and saw Ares waiting. He was on the phone so he just motion us to follow him. We walked outside and watched as the guards pointed their guns at us. Ares merely looked at them and they lowered their guns.

We got into a car, Silas in the back while I was in the front next to Ares. He still had his phone to his ear, speaking in Spanish. For half of the drive he was on the phone, listening and occasionally talking.

I looked behind me and saw that Silas was sleeping. I leaned into the back and fixed up his seatbelt and adjusting his position. I turned back around and saw Ares staring at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"Nothing," he muttered. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I can see why Vincenzo takes a liking in you," I laughed at him.

"He's the last person that would take a liking in me," I snorted. He smiled a little and shrugged his shoulders.

"You guys are very much alike. Don't find it odd," he smiled slightly. I rolled my eyes again.

"See, he does that a lot," he shrugged. I glared and he quieted.

"That too," He whispered. I scoffed and kept my gaze on him. He looked over at me, moving forward in the process.

"Keep your eyes on the fucking road you dumb Bitch," I hissed. A sly smirk made its way onto his face. He stared directly at me, not looking at the road as he began to speed.