~Chapter Thirty-Eight~

I had this unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach as we walked through the airport.

"Vincenzo, I don't understand why we can't just take your damn jet," Theo complained. Vincenzo rolled his eyes.

"I told you once that we can't because they can track the damn thing. And two, we have to blend in because his men will be crawling around the airport once we reach Athens," he hissed while glaring at him.

They were much faster then me and my legs couldn't keep up. I was pulling my suitcase and had my bag on my back. They were still a little in front of me but I was trying to keep up.

Why the fuck do they have to have such long legs?

"Victoria you're being slow, hurry up," Ares chuckled while standing in his place. When I caught up with him, he took my suitcase from me and began to pull it himself.

I went to protest but he shut me up and walked beside my while the rest of them walked in front.

We ended up waiting in line for baggage and let me tell you we waited for three hours before it was our turn.

When it was, they put the tags on to our suitcases and checked out passports. I had to memorise a date of birth and name but it was easy. We eventually finished and we went to walk through security.

It put my backpack in the tray and Ares lifted my suitcase onto the machine. It moved forwards and went into it before coming out on the other side.

I went to grab it but the security guard shook his head and took it to a table.

"Excuse me, is there a problem?" I asked while going around to the table. He ignored me and opened up my bag. He pulled out the bag of my pills and threw it on the table next to it.

"What are these ma'am?" He questioned while opening up the pouch.

"It's medication, I need those," I explained.

"You can't have them as there isn't any prescribed proof of what it is," he shrugged. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I have online prescriptions. I can sho-

"We need physical form. I'm confiscating these ma'am," he interrupted.

"You can't take those. I need them," I explained. He shook his head and put all of my pills in a bucket.

"Ma'am we have to keep the line moving, please take your bags and leave," he explained.

"I'm not leaving without those pills," I said.

"Then we will have security escort you out of-

"Is there a problem here?" Ares questioned.

"Ma'am you need to keep the line moving," he said, ignoring Ares.

"I asked if there was a problem here," he repeated. The man glared at Ares before answering.

"She has unprescribed medication and she's not allowed to take but she won't leave," he explained. He looked down at me, seeing the urgency in my face.

Instead of doing g what I thought he was going to do, he did the opposite.

"I apologise sir, we will be out of your hair," Ares apologised.

I looked over at the man and realised something.

He was bald.

I think Ares realised the same thing and quickly helped me with my shit.

I couldn't help but laugh even though I was annoyed at the situation.

We stood together laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes. When we calmed down, we looked back over at the man and he was glaring at us.