~Chapter Forty~

I slowly opened my eyes and sighed.

I was in Vincenzo's arms, his head in my neck. His hair was messy but his hands were in all the right places.

One on my ass and the other in between my thighs.

And I didn't feel uncomfortable with the way he was touching me. I felt safe, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I sighed and looked on the bedside table. There was a small leather book placed on it with a pen besides it.

If he gets to look through my medicine cabinet then I get to look through the precious book.

I slowly removed his hands from my body and got out of the bed. I went over to his side and grabbed the book.

I began to flip through the pages until I found one with bloody finger prints on it.

'I was four and a half years clean. I ruined it for myself. I did it because I missed her. Actually not because I missed her but because I though that maybe doing it would mean the pain in my head would stop.'

What the fuck?

You do things that remind you of them, thinking it may help ease the emptiness inside. But it doesn't help. Not one bit. We try to fill that void they left inside you but it's impossible. It's impossible because you'll always see them in the objects around you. You see them in the people around you. You see them in yourself. and that's what hurts most. Seeing them in yourself hurt the most because you realise that they were apart of your soul. They stole a chunk of your soul. She stole a chunk of my soul. And I would happily give the rest of it to her if she were still here.

"What the fuck?" I whispered while dragging my fingers over the page. I continued to flip through the pages, finding small snippets and entries.

'It hurts. I just want her to come back to me. I miss her.'

Whos her?

I went over to the bathroom and continued to read it while I washed up. I changed my clothes and stood in the middle of the room while reading it.

"What are you doing with that?" An angry voice questioned. I slowly turned around and saw Vincenzo looking at me with a furious expression.

He quickly put on his shorts and shirt before walking over to me.

"Give it back," he frittered through his teeth. I shook my head and looked over to me left. There was a lighter on the table next to me.

I picked it up and flicked it on.

"What is so damn special about this book?" I asked while looking at him.

I can't look at him the same now that I read what was inside that book.

He's hurt me so many times.

It's only fair that I hurt him back.

"Victoria don't you fucking dare," he hissed.

"I asked you what's so special about it?" I repeated.

"ITS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN," he shouted. I scoffed.

I don't think I actually have it in me to burn this, it's just to scare him. It looks like it means to much to him.

"What's with all the yellin-

A body bumped into mine and I fell forwards onto the floor.

The lighter and book had accidentally touched.