~Chapter Twenty-Seven~

"Silas, just invite some friends over for the night. And please don't go out unless it's with Omar," I spoke softly. I walked around Vincenzo's mansion while talking to Silas on the phone. I wouldn't know what time I was going to be home tonight.

"Yeah mama, don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I'll invite Eli and Sam. We'll be fine," he assured. I went silent for a moment. Not because I was worried about him but because I was worried I wouldn't make it back.

Vincenzo said it was dangerous. But I know I'll be careful.

"Okay sweetheart," I whispered.

"I love you, mama. Bye," he said softly. Just before he was going to hang up, I stopped him.

"Silas listen to me. If something happens to m-

"Don't say that," he mumbled.

"Just listen to me. If something happens, you have the code to the safe. Everything is in there. And go straight to Omar if I'm not back by six PM tomorrow," I explained. I heard him sigh.

"Nothing will happen to you. Just be careful," he assured. I hummed in response.

"I love you silas," I said softly.

"I love you more," He replied. I heard the call end but my phone was still to my ear. I slowly pulled it down and stared at it.

"Rethinking your decision?" A voice said. I turned around and saw Theo holding his daughter Eliane.

I shook my head, no.

"You can back out if you want to," He said.

"Im fine Theo," I mumbled a little harshly. He nodded a little, scratching the back of his head.

"S-Sorry," he mumbled before beginning to walk away. He had taken a couple of steps but I quickly stopped him.

"Wait," I said. He turned back around and stared at me.

"I didn't mean to be a bitch, I just had a bad thought and it-"

"It's fine," He assured. I swallowed a little before sliding down the wall and sitting on the floor. I sighed and looked up at him. He sat down next to me, trying to keep the baby in his arms quiet.

"You know, it's okay to be scared," He mumbled while looking down. I nodded a little.

"Im not scared," I muttered. He nodded understandingly.

We heard footsteps coming close so we looked down the hall. Ares looked angry while Grey was trying to calm him down.

"Please hold her for a second," He said. He handed her off to me before I could even reply. He quickly got up and walked over to them, trying to reason with Ares. They were standing in front of me, yelling at each other.

"HE WON'T FUCKING TALK TO ANYONE, HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO STAY SAFE IF HE WON'T TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING PLAN?" Ares shouted while kicking leg of the buffet next to me.

It cracked a little and made a loud thud, making Eliane jolt in my arms. She began to scream and cry. I stood up from the floor and bounced her around in my arms, trying to calm her down.

There was still yelling and shouting coming from the boys as they tried to get Ares to calm down. 

"Shhh baby, shhhh," I whispered while dragging my finger up and down her nose. She squirmed and moved around but quieted down. She was slowly falling asleep in my arms. I continued to bounce her around until she was asleep.

There still a lot of noise coming from the three men so I walked away. I went into the living room and sat on the couch. It was quieter over here but I could still here them yelling.