~Chapter Forty-Five~

I could hear yelling outside and crying too. My head was pounding and I slowly opened my eyes.

My eyes were teary and I tried to sit up but I couldn't. I looked to the side and stared out a glass window. Vincenzo's family was outside yelling.

Where the fuck am I?

I groaned as my vision went funny from the pain in my head.

"WHERE IS HER SON?" A voice shouted.

"He should be here,"

"VINCENZO WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING?"

"HE'S DEAD, THE KID IS DEAD," Everyone went silent. It was so quiet you could hear the lights buzzing above me.

"What are you talking a-about?" Alora asked. Her voice was shaking, almost as if she were going to cry.

"You lied to m-me," She cried. She had tears spilling from her eyes. She began to sob outside of my room. I watched as she did so, breaking down in her father's arms.

Vincenzo was staring down at her, a blank expression. She was crying and weeping, her father holding her up so she wouldn't collapse to the floor.

Her crying faded away down the hall, she was sobbing.

"Go home, everyone now," he muttered. They slowly left, leaving Vincenzo in the hallway. He was angry, and so was I.

He walked into my room and I closed my eyes, not wanting to have to talk to him.

I heard a book open and a few objects clattering around. I decided to open my eyes because I would have to face him sooner or later.

I slowly opened my eyes and just stared at him. He had his glasses on and a book in his hands. I looked at the cover, curious about what he was reading.

The song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.

I looked back up at him and saw that his eyes were travelling rapidly across the page. He looked over at me and quickly put the book down.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked while leaning towards me. I didn't reply to him.

"Let me get you some water alright?" He said. He stood up and walked out of the room, going down the hall.

I went to brush through my hair when I realised I couldn't.

There were bandages on my head and it hurt when I touched it. I slowly sat up even though I was in pain.

"Victoria, you shouldn't be sitting up," Vincenzo explained while setting the water on the table beside my bed.

I turned away from him and stared out the window.

"Victoria are you listening to me?" He asked while coming over to the window I was staring out of. He closed the blinds and came over to me, grasping my hand.

"What hurts? I can get you some Panadol," he said. I didn't reply. I didn't want to talk to him. I pulled my hand away from him.

"Victoria, you passed out in the shower and hit your head on some metal. You have ten stitches coming from your hairline to your ear," he said while removing his hand from the bed.

"You're not allowed to sleep for a couple of hours because they need to make sure you don't have a concussion. And you're not allowed to get your stitches wet," he mumbled while sitting on the edge of the bed.

I turned away from him and stared at the mirror on the other side of the room. My head had been bandaged up and there was blood seeping through it.

"You're going to be a lot better in two weeks. You'll get the stitches out and you'll be back to normal," He said softly while getting closer to me. He put his hand on my shoulder and rubbed it softly.