~Chapter Fifty-Six~

I woke up alone.

And I was scared.

I had this unsettling gut feeling that something was wrong.

I looked around and didn't recognise the room. I removed myself from the covers before sitting on the edge of the bed.

My arm was bandaged up and so was my ankle. I had a bit of trouble breathing but I tried my best to calm myself down.

The last thing I remember...I can't really remember.

I scratched my head in confusion and stood up. I limped over to the mirror and stared at the reflection.

My face was beat up, my eye swollen, going through the last stage of bruising. My eye was bloody and yellow, meaning I had been here for about 7-10 days.

My upper lip was busted too and my ears were ringing.

I turned away from the mirror and made my way to the door. I opened it up and walked outside.

I could hear talking and discussions happening so I followed the noise.

I opened one last door before I was met with a whole group of people.

They all quickly stood up, surrounding me with concerned faces.

And there was only one person who wasn't there.

"Where is he?" I asked while staring at all of them.

"Who Victoria, that's not important right now, you need to sit," ares said while encouraging me to sit on the couch.

"Where is Vincenzo?" I questioned. They all stared at me.

"Don't you remember?" Theo asked. I looked over at him confused.

"You drowned Vic, and he saved you-"

"But that's not what I asked. I didn't ask what happened I asked where he was," I interrupted while refusing to sit on the couch.

The four guys in the room stared at each other before turning back to me.

"Victoria, I think you should sit down," Theo said softly.

Regardless of my protests they sat me down, sitting around me.

"Vincenzo, after he got you out of the water, they took him," ares mumbled. I scoffed.

"That's not something to joke about," I grumbled while rolling my eyes. They didn't speak, only stared at me.

I swallowed sharply as that heavy feeling in my chest was trying to make its easy into my throat.

"Tell me you're l-lying," my voice went all shaky for some reason. I swallowed the lump in my throat when they didn't answer.

"What happened, e-everything. I wanna know everything,"
———————————————

I've been holding back my tears for a while now. Every time I think that they're going to come down, I wipe my eyes.

I was shot in the arm by a woman, and then drown by her. I don't remember who she was but she was apparently really close with Ivan.

"Why didn't y-you stop him?" I asked as I looked up at them.

"Because we knew that's not what he would've wanted," ares said softly.

"What about what I w-want. Do y-you think I would have let him do t-that?" I questioned, my voice trembling every time I said a word.

They stared at me, going silent.