~Chapter Forty-Nine~

I slowly opened my eyes and blink rapidly, trying to adjust to the light peeking through some dark curtains. It was gloomy outside.

My head was pounding with a headache so bad that I couldn't even see straight.

I looked around and found myself in an unfamiliar room. I couldn't remember anything from last night.

I slowly got up and started wondering around the room. I opened and door and saw that it was a bathroom. I slowly walked in to find a man standing naked in the shower. My eyes widened when I realised who it was.

"You've been staring for quite a while. Can I help you with something?" His voice was deep and gravelly. I felt goosebumps rushing over my arms.

"Hand me that towel will you?" He asked while turning off the water. I tore my eyes away from him and gave him the towel. He wrapped to around his waist and got out, trapping me between the sink and his arms. His hair was dripping wet, falling onto the shirt I was wearing.

I looked down at his body. My breath got caught in my throat due to how fine this man was. He was soaking from his shower, the water dripping from his shoulders, to his chest and all the way down to his V-line.

"Last night is to never repeat again. Am I clear?" He questioned. I avoided his eyes as he leaned on close to my face.

"I don't remember what h-happened last night," I mumbled. He shook his head and laughed slightly.

"Better for you," he shrugged. He leaned in close to my ear, so close I could smell his minty breath.

"I never want to have to see you in the state you were last night. Think about what you do very carefully from now on," he whispered. He pulled away and grabbed my hand, leading me out of the bathroom.

He sat me down on the bed and handed me a cup of water and two Panadol tablets.

"Take them and get some rest. You can't do anything because it's storming anyway," he mumbled while placing the tablets in my hand. I took the tablets and he left for his closet before coming back, only he was dressed this time.

He rubbed my shoulder before helping me back into the covers. The rain was heavy and I could hear slight rumbles of thunder as the black clouds became thicker and thicker.

"Sleep-

Lightning crashed and the thunder that came after made me screech. I jumped from my position and held onto vincenzo without thinking.

I've never been afraid of thunderstorms but I didn't want him to leave me.

My fingers were tangled between his suit shirt and my legs were wrapped around his waist.

He put his hand on the back of my head and rubbed his fingers against it. He sighed and lifted me up so i was holding onto him better.

"Don't go," I whispered into his ear. He put his arm around my lower back and the other around my shoulders.

"I'm not going anywhere," he replied softly. He walked around the room in circles as the wind howled and the rain poured.

I felt safe for the first time in a long time.

I could slowly feel my eyes start to close. I fought it off as much as I could but I gave up.

I slept on his shoulder.
——————————————

I woke up alone.

The rain was still heavy and the thunder was louder than it was before. It didn't scare me but it just came to a shock every time I heard it crash.