~Chapter Twenty-Five~

"Tomorrow the twins are going to be there. You stay in character, make sure mics are working and don't fuck around with the plan," Hissed Vincenzo. The rest of the conversation was muffled due to the fact that I was eavesdropping.

Then I heard the door start to creek open. I leaned on the wall beside the door and watched as almost twenty men walked out in a single file line. Just as the door was about to close behind them, I pushed it so it opened back up.

Vincenzo was sitting in a chair, legs spread wide and a glass of whiskey in his hand.

Fucking hell.

"Miss Crimson...how may I help you?" He sighed before taking a sip from the glass.

"Why wasn't I called for this meeting?" I asked sternly. He stood up and shrugged his shoulders.

"You weren't needed," He replied simply. I rolled my eyes at him.

"But if the first mission is tomorrow, of course I'm needed," I grumbled. He set the glass down and stared at me for a moment

"You're not needed because you're not coming," He muttered.

Huh?

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned, slightly confused.

"I mean you're not coming because you don't deserve to," he muttered while looking through some papers.

"Oh, this is about me not showing up for work," I chuckled dryly while shaking my head.

"Exactly. You're not as stupid as I thought," he muttered. I rolled my eyes at him.

"But I called in for work and told them I was taking leave because I had things to do. I'm not being paid because of you," I hissed while walking closer to him.

"That's a problem you brought upon yourself-

"How the fuck am I supposed to be making money, yeah?" I questioned angrily. He stared at me with dead eyes.

"You're not," he replied.

I just want to punch this mother fucker right in the teeth.

I took a deep breath through my nose and let it out from my mouth.

"How much were you planning on paying me in the first place?" I mumbled while looking him dead in the eyes. He pursed his lips and sat back down on the chair.

"Sit down Victoria," I glared at him but he just stared back.

"Just sit down, we need to talk," he told me. I blinked a couple of times before I reluctantly sat down in the chair beside him.

"This is our contract. Read through it then sign at the bottom of the last page," he mumbled while handing it to me. I turned to the last page and saw his signature at the bottom.

"Find me when you've signed it,"

I nodded a little at him then sighed.

"And for the record, I was going to pay you two thousand every week," he admitted. My eyes widened a little.

"But why can't I go with you guys?" I questioned. He glared at me before taking a sip of his whiskey.

"I don't want you to-

"Just let me go, and I swear I'll stick with the plan," I assured. He shook his head.

"Enough Victoria, you're not going," he hissed at me.

"Why?" I interrogated.