~Chapter Forty-Seven~

I wiped my tears as the doctor started to pull on the gauze. He began to lift it and wipe the edges with antiseptic.

It took everything in me not to cry but I was. I was tired of crying, fucking exhausted.

The doctor started speaking to me but I couldn't understand him. I wiped my eyes from the tears but there was no point.

I looked back up and saw that Vincenzo was speaking with the doctor. He sounded angry, he looked it too.

He made his way over to me and stood directly in front of me.

"If he hurts you, tell me. Because trust me, I'll make sure he can't even utter a fucking word to you," He assured while softly rubbing the back of my neck. I nodded a little and his fingers brushed my cheeks, wiping away the pain.

He nodded again at the doctor and he sat on the stool in front of me. He slowly lifted the gauze again and started wiping, only his hands shook this time. He was gentler and slower.

Vincenzo must've said something to scare him.

My eyes were still teary and I could feel heat radiating off my face. When he started removing the gauze completely, I began sobbing. He was pulling at the stitches. I could feel my skin peeling.

And then it stopped.

He threw something in the bin and sighed. He handed me a tube of gel and new gauze. He stood up and left, with no explanation as to what they were for. Vincenzo followed after him, closing the bathroom door behind him.

I slowly stood up and turned to the mirror.

The stitches were gruesome. I looked like fucking Frankenstein.

I slowly walked out of the bathroom and was met with Vincenzo putting a gun to the man's head. He was shaking, tears in his eyes.

As soon as vicnenzo saw me, he dropped the gun by his side and glared at the man. He said something to him and the doctor left.

"let me do that for you. You'll feel much better after," He whispered. He sat me on the edge of my bed and kneeled in front of me.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked, avoiding his eyes.

"Because now is the time you need it most," he shrugged while applying the gel onto my skin. I winced a little but didn't look at him. He wrapped up my head and stood up.

"You should get some rest," he mumbled. I nodded a little bit and I stood up. I removed the covers and slid inside.

"I'm going to be in the living room if you need anything. Alright?" He asked. I nodded and he leaned down. He placed a small peck on my cheek and covered me with the blanket.

"Goodnight love," he whispered. I watched as he left, closing the door behind him. I closed my eyes and slept, hoping day would come quickly.
———————————————————

"Mama," a voice whispered

"Mama," I slowly opened my eyes and saw Silas at the foot of my bed.

"Good morning Tesoro," I smiled.

"I'm eleven today," he giggled. I smiled and sat up in my bed. I kissed his forehead and wrapped my arms around him.

"You know I love you right?" I said softly. He didn't reply.

I let go and stared at him confused.

"You don't love me," he mumbled. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Of course I love you. Why wouldn't I?" I asked softly.