~Chapter Forty-Six~

The nurse helped me dry off and get dressed. She helped me back into bed and smiled at me.

"Let me take some blood and get you some food," she smiled. I slowly nodded and she left the room. She came back with a cart of food and a needle. I wasn't listening to her as she talked because I was staring at the tube as it collected my blood. 

I looked back up and she smiled. She placed the food on the table in front of me.

"Eat up, get some rest too. You've been cleared for a concussion," she said. I nodded and she stared at me.

"Do you need anything else?" She asked. I shook my head and she left.

I stared at the meal placed in front of me. Fucking hate hospital food.

I began to pick at it but didn't actually put any in my mouth. There was a knock at the door so I looked up.

"Hey," ares said softly. I stared back down at the plate of food. I didn't say anything.

"How are you feeling?" Theo asked.

"I'm fine," I whispered while poking at my food with the fork.

"I heard about your son. We're really sor-

"I don't want condolences. It's stupid to feel sorry for someone who's dead," I muttered while pushing away the food.

"Victoria, he was a good kid-

"Yeah don't you think I fucking know that? He was my brother for fucks sake," I hissed. They furrowed their eyebrows.

"Son you mean," Ares. I groaned in frustration and rubbed my hand over my face.

"No he's not my son. He's my brother," I muttered. They stood there a little confused.

"What? I'm so lost right now," Theo stared at me confused.

"My parents weren't in the picture when I was around fourteen. I ran with him," I muttered.

"And they haven't looked for you gu-

"They addicts. Now shut up," I mumbled. They went quiet, shutting their mouths. I pushed away the table and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Why do you have this," Theo asked. He held up Vincenzo's book and started flicking through the pages.

"Don't look through it you dickhead," I muttered. He stopped looking through it and placed it besides to my uneaten food. I slowly stood up and walked over to them.

"I want you's out," I mumbled while rubbing my head.

"Victoria how about we just talk for a little. You need to talk to someo-

"Why are you guys dressed in black," I groaned while glaring at them.

"It's respectful to wear black when someone's dies," Ares said.

"You didn't know him, you didn't know him at all. Now go," I hissed while shoving past him. I glared at both of them before I opened the door to my room.

When I did I saw Vincenzo's brothers on the other side with flowers in their hands. I sighed angrily before slamming the door in their face.

I was overwhelmed and couldn't think straight with everyone talking.

I went over to the bathroom and locked the door, sitting on the ground next to the door.

"Victoria, please open the door,"

"We just want to talk,"

"We're here for you,"

They're telling me lies. They don't care. The only person that ever cared is fucking dead.