~Chapter Seventeen~

Sometimes I wonder about the things she could've accomplished if she were still here. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if she were still living. Her bright smile and raging brown orbs. If they were still roaming the earth, searching for something. Searching for more then what she was given. Searching for a new life in which she deserves.

But she isn't here anymore.

And it's my fault.

She was so loving, kind too.

She was a child. She never even made it to her teen years.

All because of me.

But I can't help but wonder, if she were still here. If she were still here, would she be happy. Would she have found a lover, a soulmate when she grew up.

But all these questions are left unanswered.

Because she is dead.

And never coming back.

And I need to accept that.

But I just can't.

And never will.

I stared at the pages in front of me, contemplating whether I should rip them out or keep them in.

I stared a little longer before shutting the leather cover and adjusting the picture lodged in between the pages. I stood up and stared around my room for a few moments. I put the small notebook into my pocket and sighed.

Although I was surrounded with people in this house, I had never felt so alone.

My siblings and parents don't live here, they live in an estate a couple neighbourhoods away. They had only been over because my father and brothers insisted on giving a hand with work, especially because we needed to get Victoria on board.

They left today, leaving me alone in the estate.

I roamed around my bedroom for a few seconds before going over to the balcony. The slight wind hit my face and forearms as I leaned on the cold bars made of steel. The sleeves of my dress shirt had been folded up as they had been for a good couple hours.

The view from my room overlooked a large plain of land, covered in her favourite flowers. Alstroemerias, Azaleas, Lillies and hydrangeas covered the land, spread out like a blanket.

Almost no one ever goes out there, even me. We can't bare remembering our loss. I stared for a little longer, hoping that maybe if I stared long enough, I would see her again.

A small figure ascended through the plain. My body relaxed and I quickly rubbed my eyes in disbelief. I looked a little harder and disappointment was cast upon me.

The figure was too tall to be her.

I looked a little closer but the only thing I could make out was long hair.

A mole, an outsider?

The figure turned around for a brief moment, the moonlight lighting up a face.

I recognised her features instantly. Her curly hair and large eyes.

Victoria?

I began to feel anger and rage. I clenched my fists and turned away from the balcony.

That wasn't a place for her to hang out. It was a place she didn't belong. She had no purpose being there.