~Chapter Nine~

I stumbled back slightly, falling to the ground. He instantly went to help me up but I just shook my head, asking him not to touch me. He backed away slightly, signalling for the guards to go. They were hesitant but left, taking Angel with them despite her protests.

"What you're doing to these girls isn't right, they fucking minors, babies, kids,"

Those words started running through my mind. I shook my head for those words to go away. I was shaking and breathing heavily.

I watched as the man started yelling. He pointed in our direction, furious. He made eye contact with me as I was being, what they liked to call it, punished.

I rubbed my head as I tried to get rid of the memories. My eyes were welling with tears, this hadn't happened in the longest time.

"Tie him down, I don't want him to speak anymore, it's giving me a headache," Someone grumbled. They restrained the man and the blondie grabbed a knife. They forced his mouth open and with that, they chopped off his tongue. He began to scream.

"No n-no," I repeated as my voice started to break. The man in front of me backed away more, maintaining the space between us. I started to calm down a little, swallowing the lump in my throat and wiping the unshed tears from my eyes.

I slowly stood up and looked at the man standing in front of me. I was shaking all over but he kept his distance from me.

"Thank you for trying," I whispered. I saw the tiniest smile appear on his face, he nodded. He started making hand signals to me. That's when I realised.

He's signing.

I raised my eyebrows slightly and watched his hands. I had this deaf girl in my classes for a few years. She would teach me sign language and I got pretty fluent. I haven't forgotten most of what I learned, mainly because I practised over and over again.

She was kind, she deserved a longer life. She died in a car accident, she couldn't call for help.

I watched as he signed, hoping that I understood.

"I remember you, I won't hurt you. I won't tell," he signed. I nodded and gave him a weak smile.

"Thank you," I signed while walking closer to him. He nodded and smiled. I was now standing in front of him, staring into his eyes.

"You've changed, but I recognised you instantly," he signed. I smiled.

"Me too," I said. He went to touch my shoulder but let his fingers hover over it. I nodded and he smiled. He put his hand on my shoulder, leading me inside the house.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. He looked down at me and put his hand out, motioning towards the elevator.

"Boss sent me to get you for training. He knew that you were with his mother. You're twenty minutes late," He signed.

"Oh okay, I don't give a shit that I'm late though," I giggled. His laugh came out a bit slurred, due to the fact that he couldn't talk properly. This only made me smile more.

We walked out of the elevator together and he opened the door. He lead me down some stairs and into a massive concrete room. There were several sparing rings, weapons, boxing bags and gloves, targets and weights. We walked into a separate private room that was pretty large.

There were around seventeen boys talking in little groups. They looked like they were from the ages of seventeen to twenty-one.

"This is the group of new assassins you are training," he signed. I nodded.