~Chapter Thirty-Seven~

I groaned as my body hit a hard surface. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I looked around.

I was on the living room floor, my head in Vincenzo's lap.

I quickly sat up and saw the position he was in. His head was leaning back into the couch and the rest of his body was against it.

I stood up and grabbed the blanket, draping it over him.

I put a hoodie on and grabbed my wallet before heading out the door.

I went down to Lacrainze bakery and ordered a few muffins and a loaf of bread. I also got coffee and waited for everything to be done. When they were, I walked back down to my apartment and opened the front door.

Vincenzo was no longer on the floor where i left him.

"Vinnie?" I called. I heard something rattling and a cupboard door closing. I walked in and found him hunched over the sink.

"Im just looking for a cup," He mumbled. I was a bit skeptical but let it go. I handed him some coffee and a bag with a muffin in it. I also gave him a cup of water and he drank before putting it in the sink.

"I didn't know what you like so I got a few things," I mumbled while putting the rest of the bags on the table.

"Oh...thank you," He replied. We sat down on the couch and ate the muffins together.

"Thank you for helping me last night," I thanked. He shook his head and smiled a little.

"Dont thank me, if i was in your position you would've done the same," He shrugged before taking a sip from his coffee. We were quiet for a while before i heard footsteps coming from behind us.

"Mom?" I didnt reply to him. I just pointed to the medicine cabinet. He went over and opened it.

All my pills came tumbling out.

I furrowed my eyerows in confusion because i was the only one that had touched it. I dont remeber leaving it in such a mess.

I looked over at vincenzo.

His eyes held guilt.

I stood up and went over to the cupboard. I fixed the pills, leaving paracetomal on the bench. He took water and the pills before heading back to his room.

"When your sister wakes up, i want both of you out of my house," I grumbled. He scoffed.

"I didnt do sh-

"You went through my damn medicine cabinet. I have shit i dont want anyone seeing in there," I muttered while shaking my head.

"You lied to me last night when I asked you what you took," He retorted.

"You dont know shit," I replied.

"I know that all you do is fucking lie. Like on our date, when I asked you where you stayed when your mom left. You lied," He hissed while standing up.

"You dont know that," I replied while walking over to him.

He knows when im lying. How?

"I obviously do-

"Get out," I demanded.

"Take your bad influence of a sister, and get the fuck out of my house," I demanded. He scoffed at me.

"Dont you ever talk about my sister like that-

"Its true, is it not?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Youre disgusting," He muttered. He walked into my room and came out with his half asleep sister.