~Chapter Forty-Four~

I stayed there all night. I couldn't bring myself to leave her alone.

And I couldn't bring myself to go home and tell Alora that he's dead.

I sighed and slumped deeper into the chair. She was beginning to stir and move around. The blanket had fallen to the ground so I went to pick it up and recover her.

Her shirt had scrunched up to her chest. I went to pull it down when I noticed something.

She was covered in bruises and red marks. I looked over at her face and saw that her face was slightly swollen.

I fixed her clothes up and put the blanket back on her.

"Silas?" She mumbled. I turned towards her and saw her staring at me.

"Silas?" She whispered. She grabbed my face and blinked rapidly. She quickly let go and retreated from me.

Her eyes were bloodshot red and her breathing was a bit laboured.

"Hey it's me," I said softly while reaching for her hand.

"Why are you here?" She muttered.

"You were drunk and high last night. I brought you home," I explained.

"Why you?" She questioned while rubbing her eyes.

"You wouldn't let anyone take you home but me," I replied. She groaned before mumbling something under her breath. She stumbled out of the bed and walked out of her room. I hurried after her.

She stared around her kitchen and living room, then turned to me.

"What the fuck did you do?" She hissed. She grabbed my shirt and slammed me against the wall. The picture frame next to me fell off the nail and crashed to the floor.

Victoria looked down at the picture. She slowly let go of me and bent down, picking it up.

"You broke it," she muttered. I looked down at the picture and saw that it was a school photo of a little boy. It was Silas.

She slowly stood up with the picture in her hand. She looked up at me with and expressionless face.

"I'll get it fix-

"Where did you put all my shit?" She asked while throwing the picture to the ground.

"I got rid of it because you don't need it," I said softly. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE," she yelled.

"Victoria, I need you to ca-

She went over to the cabinet in the corner of the room and pulled out a gun.

"If you're not out of my house in the next two seconds, I will blow your fucking brains out," she hissed while cocking it back.

"Victoria

"One," she started. I sighed before heading over to the front door. I opened it up and stared at her.

"I'm sorry, I'll get your frame replaced," I said. Her finger was on the trigger but I left before she could pull it.

I walked down stairs and went to my car. I drove home, not being able to face my sister.

I parked In the driveway and got out, going inside.

"Are they okay?" A timid voice asked. My sister was standing in front of the couch, my brothers by her side.

"You didn't come home last night so I got worried," she mumbled.

"How would you have known if I came home or not?" I asked while putting my keys on the kitchen counter.

"She's been here since one in the morning," Isaiah muttered. I looked over at her before sighing and looking away.