~Chapter Fifty-Two~

She sat there crying while eating. She was quiet but still crying.

A part of me felt bad.

I'm the reason for her sadness. Or am I?

I would never know because I have no idea what goes on in that pretty little head of hers.

I stared at her as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand. She didn't actually hurt me. I had gotten hit in the face with a couple guns earlier that day so my nose was still sensitive.

I bled a bit when it got hit but nothing major. When she slapped me, it wasn't even hard. She just got my nose really well making it bleed again.

She felt bad about what she had done because she saw blood. She thought I was in pain.

Her face was red from the crying and her lips puffy. Her bottom lip stuck out and her nose reddened.

"If you keep crying, we won't be able to continue our conversation," I mumbled. She set down her fork and rubbed her eyes.

"I'm s-sorry," she hiccuped.

"I need you to take a breath, just relax," I said while pushing the plate in front of me away from me. She took in a couple of strained breaths before releasing them.

"You crying about this isn't going to make the situation any better," I explained. She nodded, continuing to wipe her eyes.

"Now that you've calmed down, would you like to talk about what you're feeling?" I asked. She shook her head a little.

"Okay, now-

"I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean I-It I swear," she sniffled.

"I don't know w-why I'm crying so much," she mumbled under her breath.

"Are you finished eating?" I asked. She nodded her head and I brought out my wallet, placing some money on the table before standing up.

"Come on, let's get out of here," I said. She stood up and started walking beside me as we left the cafe. She walked a bit faster to keep up with me so I slowed down a little.

"You didn't hit me that hard," I mumbled. She looked over at me but I didn't look at her.

"I was grabbing guns from a high self and I didn't realise how many there were. A pistol hit my nose and it bled. When you slapped me, my nose was still sensitive. That's why is b-

"I still hit you when I shouldn't have,"

"You've stabbed me before, nothings going to get worse then that," I smiled a little at my meaningless joke while she glared at me.

"Come on, I said something I shouldn't have, you had every right to be angry at me. I don't blame you," I shrugged. She nodded a little bit.

"The only reason I got so angry was because I missed him...and I couldn't bring myself to admit it," she whispered. She had her fingers at her lips, biting the skin around her nails.

"That's a very bad habit. It causes bacteria on your hands to transfer to your mouth, vice-versa," I mumbled while pulling her hand away from her mouth. She rolled her eyes at me and sighed.

"Do you miss her?" She asked.

"Everyday," I replied.

"Do you blame yourself for her death?"

"Mhm," I hummed in response.

"Do you think she would've died if you had done something differently?" She questioned.

I always think about that. What if I was paying attention?

What if I had stayed outside with her as I should have?