~Chapter Fifty~

The flowers he bought me have been sitting in a vase on my kitchen counter for five days.

He's been stopping by my house and giving me a new bunch every day. I don't throw out the ones that began to whither.

Instead, I dried them out and put them in a mesh bag.

I stared out the window from my bed. It was early in the morning, so early that the sun was only starting to rise.

I watched quietly as the sun began to rise. It was beautiful.

I slowly got out of bed and went over to the bathroom.

I decided to wash my hair last night because I was now allowed to because I got my stitches out.

Big mistake because my hair had knotted together due to dried blood and it not being clean.

I told myself that I was going to finish it last night but I couldn't. So now I'm doing it today. I turned on the water and leaned my head over the bath. I watched as the blood diluted with the water.

I took a brush and slowly started to brush out the matted hair. My hair was falling out in chunks.

I sighed and continued brushing it out.

I began to struggle when I got to the middle of my head. I started pulling the brush out of my hair when I heard a snap.

The brush broke in my hair. I groaned in annoyance and rubbed my eyes, leaning my forearms onto the tub.

"Would you like some help with that?" A voice asked. I turned my head slightly and saw Vincenzo from the corner of my eye.

"No..." I mumbled. He chuckled a little and sat down next to me.

"I'm going to be as gentle as I can," he whispered.
——————————————

Vincenzo spent over two hours combing through knots and trying to be as gentle as possible.

He eventually got them all out and washed my hair without even asking.

He double-shampooed it and made sure only to put conditioner on the ends. He even brushed it out and towel-dried it for me.

"Okay, what would you like for breakfast or lunch or whatever you want to eat?" He asked while looking in the cupboards.

"I'm not hungry," I mumbled. He stared over at me and closed the cabinet in front of him.

"Okay we'll try that later," he mumbled. He sat down next to me and sighed, looking over at me.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm going away in the next week..." he told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I have business to attend to..."

"What sort of business?" I asked. He stared at me before clearing his throat.

"Just some stuff," he shrugged. He's being secretive.

"Can I come with you?" I asked, wanting to know what his reply would be. His eyes widened a little and his mouth dropped open slightly.

"Oh-uhh-I don't think it's a good idea. It's dangerous," he said while playing with the love of his ear. I nodded a little and rubbed my eyes in tiredness.

"You wanna watch something?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and he started flicking through some films.

Winnie the Pooh, the movie.

"No. Get fucking rid of it," I hissed.

"Jeez," he mumbled under his breath. I refuse to see or watch anything that has to do with Winnie the Pooh.