~Chapter Thirty-Four~

We ate while laughing and listening to the music in th background. This date was going well so far and I was enjoying his company. We were getting along so well.

He eventually called over the waiter and told him something. He left and came back with the bill. He put it on the table and I went to grab it but Vincenzo beat me to it.

"Who said you were paying?" He asked while glaring at me.

"Is just dinner, let me pay for the meals," I protested. He scoffed. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my purse. I opened it up and began to look for my wallet.

It wasn't in there.

I looked back up at Vincenzo and saw him holding my coin purse. He had a smug smirk on his face.

"How did you get that?" I grumbled.

"I have my ways, love," He replied. I rolled my eyes at the little nickname. He grabbed his own wallet and pulled out some money. He slid it into the little book and smiled at me.

I pouted.

"Come on, don't be sour," He laughed. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. His eyes travelled down to my boobs once again.

"Victoria, your boobs are on show for every man in this room. Don't make me cause a scene," He grumbled while looking back up at me.

"I guess no one gets what they want then," I shrugged. He shook his head and sighed.

"I'll let you pay for dessert," He muttered. I smiled at him and moved my arms.

"Thank you," I giggled. He rolled his eyes and stood up. He went over to me and grabbed my hand, helping me to my feet.

"Let's get dessert," He smiled. I nodded.
------------------------------------------------

We were now at an ice cream parlour. We both ordered ice cream but when I went to pay, the man declined my payment. I glared at Vincenzo and he shrugged.

"Maybe he's giving out free ice cream to the thousandth person," Vincenzo shrugged. There was a cheeky grin on his face but I continued to glare.

We got out ice cream and began to walk. There was a bench that we decided to sit on. I was staring forward but I could feel his eyes on me.

"I would love to take Silas to that restaurant one day," I said softly.

"So why don't you?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders a bit.

"Cant afford to spend money on unecessary things," I replied while turning to him. His eyebrows were pinched together in confusion.

"What about the money you made?" He questioned.

"I don't spend it on me. I spent it on other things," I answered.

"Like?" He asked curiously.

"Paying off school bills for Silas, that was a thousand on its own. Groceries and household products were around one hundred and fifty. Paying late rent and shit like that was two thousand and the rest of it, I put away as a college fund for Silas," I explained.

"So you didn't keep any for yourself?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Him before me," I mumbled. He nodded and we continued to eat our ice cream.

"I know you told me your parents are out of the picture, but how long have they been out of the picture for?" He questioned. I thought about whether I should stay quiet or not, but I thought fuck it.

"My dad has been out of the picture longer than my mom. My dad left when I was eleven. And my mom hasn't been around since I was fourteen," I sighed.

"So where did you go?" He asked softly while putting his cup in the bin next to him.