~Chapter Forty-Three~

Every memory I had of her is gone.

Our favourite picture.

Dried flowers.

Pictures she drew.

It's all gone because of Victoria.

I haven't gone to work for the past two days. I've sat in my room and haven't left it.

"Vince, I need you," A timid voice called from the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes and buried myself deeper into my bed. Today will mark the third day of me not being at work.

It's only eleven am and people already want to annoy me.

"Come back never," I muttered.

"It's an emergency," She said. I groaned and got up, opening my door. My little sister stood on the other side of the door, staring at me.

"I know you don't care about Victoria or Silas anymore but I would appreciate it if you help me," She mumbled. I ran my hand over my face and sighed.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"Umm I've called Victoria a few times so we could meet up but she hasn't responded. I called her when she came back to America and a couple days ago. Her phone is just going to her voicemail," She explained. I nodded a little, not really caring.

"And Silas. I've been calling him all week but he hasn't answered me. Im getting worried," She mumbled. I exhaled and rubbed my eyes.

"You're supposed to be grounded. You shouldn't have a phone nor should you be talking to him. You guys broke up-

"It doesn't mean I stopped caring about him-

"Alora, listen to me. If they do not respond to any more of your calls, then later tonight I will go to her house myself and check on them-

"Promise me," She said. I nodded and extended my pinky finger to her.

"I promise," I said, interlocking her finger with mine.
-----------------------------------

Its now late at night and Alora told me that they haven't responded to any of her calls or texts.

"I'm going there n-

"Let me go with you," she begged. I shook my head.

"No fucking way. You're lucky I'm even going there in the first place," I muttered while adjusting my shirt. She rolled her eyes and watched as I got into the car, speeding away.

I drove to her house and parked. I got out and sighed, walking up the steps to her apartment complex. I was in front of her door and went to knock.

When my hand met the door, it creaked open.

Something isn't right here.

I took my gun out and slowly opened the door.

I wasn't prepared for what I was met with.

The coffee table was scattered with white powder and empty needles. There were packets of empty cigarettes and buds in the ashtrays.

"Victoria?" I called. As I ascended through the house, I kept finding needles and empty alcohol bottles. I slowly opened the door to her room and found it empty, items of clothing and her suitcase from our trip, disregarded. 

"Victoria?" I called out again. My phone began to ring and I looked at the caller ID.

"What's wrong Ares?" I muttered. There was loud music in the background and it was hard for me to hear him.