Do You Know Who My Father Is?

"What are you guys doing?" I shouted at them. They were startled at first but when they noticed that it was just me, they cracked up.

"Girl if you want to save yourself, just run from here," the boy who poured water on her head said.

"Let her go," I said.

"Why?"

"Don't blame me that I didn't warn you before."

"Do you know who my father is?" he shouted. I sighed, every other person in Delhi is saying this.

"Don't you know who your father is? You poor bastard."

He got offended and raised his hand to slap me. I twisted his hand and didn't let it go until he begged me to stop. His friends tried to help me and get beaten in return. I made them sit on the ground and asked, "Now tell me why you were harassing her?" None of them speak, "Has the cat got your tongue," I shouted and they flinched.

"Tell me your names, I'll call your parents and tell them what you were doing."

"We are sorry," they said in unison.

"No, you should not be sorry. You were doing the right thing, harassment is normal now let me show you how you feel being harassed." I got near the one who was calling that girl Chinese. "Where is she from?"

"Mizoram..." he whispered.

"And where is Mizoram? Is it in China?" I slapped him, "It is in India, where is it?"

"India," he said.

"Then how is she Chinese?"

"Please let us go, we'll never hurt her again," he said.

"Not this soon, I have not harassed you till now," I took out their ID from their bags and called a friend from the technical department. "Do me a favour, give me the history of these five boys," I told him their name and father's name and he messaged me their details within two minutes.

"Hey, you... let me tell you who your father is. He is a lawyer and had willingly lost his recent case for the money. Tell him that he will get arrested by tomorrow." I looked at the other one, "You Chinese... Your father is a refugee from Bangladesh. Should I deport him back?"

"You two are cousins... your fathers are fighting over property and you are harassing this girl."

"And lastly you... Your mother raised you alone... how would she feel when I told her what you were doing."

"Please forgive us," they said.

"You should ask for forgiveness from her," I said.

"Please forgive us, we promise that we'll never hurt you again."

"It's your call... If you want then I can report them to the police, if you want I'll tell everything to their parents... If you want I'll kill them and no one can ever be able to find their body. What do you want?"

"Let them go... They are students if we report them they will never get a good job?"

"You are very kind, but do you think they deserve your kindness... If I came even a minute late they could have done anything to you."

"But you saved me, sister. They got their lesson and I am sure they'll never do the same with any other girl. Everyone deserves a second chance," she said with a smile.

I would have shaken their world if they did the same with me but she is asking me to let them go. The smile on her face is telling me that I should forgive them.

"If anything happens to this girl, I'll kill you all and trust me if I say it, I mean it. Make sure she is never harassed by anyone. If I find you doing anything wrong, you will regret why you're born." They took their bag and ran away from our site after saying sorry to her.

She giggled seeing them running. "You are brave," I complimented her. "Not everyone is brave enough to forgive the person who wronged them." She smiled.

"Let me drop you home," I offered.

"I live nearby, I'll manage. Thank you, sister. I was facing humiliation from the day I came here. I planned to go back to my home... but not anymore, I'll fight and earn the life that I wish for," she hugged me and went away.