Humanity

After walking for a kilometre or so I tripped off and fell. The blood from my wound was constantly flowing. I remove my t-shirt and wipe it with it and wear it again. 

Only if I had known that I had to run today, I would have finished the entire rice bowl for sure. Anyways I kept looking at the pole star so that I could get some clue of direction. 

I was very tired so I lay down on the refined sand and closed my eyes. I can't walk a step,  "Please God gave me some strength," I said and  felt something coming toward me. 

The herd of camels with more than ten camels were running toward me. I got up and started running opposite. I tripped and fell, this was the last thing I wished for. What next? Is this the last day? 

I lost all hope when a camel came near to me, he sniffed my belly and blew on my face. I was shivering in fear and he noticed it. He stood in front of me and moaned to other members as if he was signaling them to not hurt me. Miraculously, I was saved. I gently patted his back thanking him again and again to save my child and my life. 

He sat down as he was giving me some signal to sit on him. With some uncertainty, I sat on him and lightly tapped my feet on his stomach, signaling him to stand up. He stood up and started walking in an unknown direction. 

In this world where humans are lacking humanity, this animal came to rescue me. When I was dragged from the market to Riyaz's van even then no one came to protect me, leave anyone else, my parents..... They choose their stupid pride instead of their daughter. 

I bent forward and patted his neck and back, "Thank you for saving me, not just two, you saved hundreds of lives today," I said. Maybe because I was pregnant and very tired or because of blood loss I started feeling dizzy and I don't remember when I dozed off. 

The moment I opened my eyes I was surrounded by some unknown women. "Where am I?" I asked them.

One of them helped me get up, I saw that they had dressed my thigh and calves. 

"She is beautiful and perfect for Dalil," the elder one said. 

"I'm already married," I thought and got up. I tried to leave their tent but one of them grabbed my hand requesting me to sit down.

I got the hunch that I was in danger, I smiled and asked, "Where is the washroom?" The elder one got up and asked me to follow her, I did as she demanded. 

We were in open fields, I requested her to stand at a distance and look in a different direction. She accepted my request and I took the chance and ran from there. Soon the city area started. I took a deep breath and decided to take a lift to the mall. 

The cab driver gave me a very suspicious look. I gathered all my courage and finally said," There is a shooting and the role demanded a beggar with bruises and blood, now will you take me? It is my life matter, I want to surprise my family because if I get selected they will pay me a good amount."His expression changed and he allowed me to sit.  

No matter what the country is, it is the easiest thing to lie to the common man and they always make a fool of themselves, sometimes by their leaders and sometimes by con artists like me. 

After a drive of twenty minutes, I finally came in front of that mall. I did not have any money to give, so I trapped him in my words and requested him to wait for me. He agreed with my proposal and parked the car. 

I was stopped at the entrance of the mall by the guard because I was looking like a criminal, covered with blood. I said that I am a relative of a man who works here and his father got into an accident. Hearing me he allowed me to go in but gave me the time of ten minutes to come out or they will throw me out because my look might scare the other customers.