Welcome Home

4 October 1999

1 PM

I came back to Delhi. Mr. Vikram informed Mr. Kant about my departure so he sent a driver to pick me up. He was standing with a board that mentioned my name. He later took me to a hotel where I freshen up and changed into the clothes that I asked the receptionist to buy for me. 

Mr. Kant along with Mrs. Rina(IPS) came to meet me. I shared the documents with them. "Abdul is in Kathmandu and I got no lead about his whereabouts," I said. 

"I'll make a team and send them to Kathmandu. Miss Ravi, are you willing to join the team which is going for the search operation?" Mr. Kant asked. 

"I'm afraid but I can't," I replied, " I need some time to heal up. Yesterday,  Riyaz aborted my child and later I had a fight with his  men. I killed them and him as well. My body is in pain and my mind is not sane right now."

"I understand, you can go for a leave, clear your mind, get healthy and join again. I will fix your appointment with a psychiatrist from our department."

"Thank you, I needed it. By the way, I want  to ask did anything happen on 2 October, I mean I got some clue about the terrorist attack," I asked. 

"You did a good job Ravi, JAMPAC is a government project for the transportation of natural gas. It starts from Pune and is up to Amritsar. On 2 October,  they planned to attack the cities where this corporation was working i.e., Pune, Mumbai,  Ahmedabad,  Jaipur, and Amritsar. You save thousands of lives," he complimented me. 

At least I did something good. I thought and a smile appeared on my face. 

"MLA from Devawas is their partner in crime," I said. 

"I'll look into this matter personally, " Mrs Rina said. 

"Riyaz told me that Abdul is planning an attack on Dussehra, it is on 20 October," I said. 

"Do you know where?" They asked in unison. 

"Sadly, no. Nothing is mentioned in those documents as well."

"If you remember anything just give me a call," He said, giving me a phone and my locker key. "

"Give me some cash, " I demanded and he laughed while handing me some notes." Your salary is credited and I put all the money in your bank account," he said. 

"Thank you, Sir, I need one more favor. Please send a doctor, I think I am not well, " I said. 

"I'll tell the driver to take you to the Army hospital and call the director, he'll give you the best treatment. I think we should take our leave and yeah I forgot to tell you that accommodation is fixed in housing board. You can shift tomorrow, " he said and both of them left the room. 

I ordered lunch for myself and then departed to grab my identification and debit card. Later I went to an army hospital where they did a CT scan, x-ray and ultrasounds, and overall a full body checkup. The doctor gave me some medicine and asked me to rest. All the reports would come within three days. 

Later I bought some clothes and came back to the hotel." I'll shift tomorrow, so come by 10," I said to the driver and came back to the hotel room. 

"Ma'am the dinner will be served by 7 PM," the receptionist told me." 

I looked at the time it was 6:50, so I decided to have dinner first before going back to my room. 

The food was amazing, I can't express how much I missed Indian food. I came back to my room, started TV to watch a movie. 

I switched off the TV after half an hour because I was sleepy. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep. 

"No... Don't touch me. ....  Someone please help me......  Maa...  Baba....  Brother, please tell him not to....." I woke up. 

I got up and drank water. These nightmares never let me sleep peacefully. I switched on the lights and saw it was 10:30. 

I switched on the TV and started playing a horror series, Aahat.  Some sweet memories flashback come. "I was very scared of ghosts but while growing up I realized humans are more scarier than ghost."