Chase

I ran toward the Manu Bazaar, the store was open. I ran inside and saw Rashmi, she saw me and came closer. 

"I need your help," I said.

"Go to the female washroom, it is left from the end. My boss is inside, I'll meet you there in five minutes," she said and pushed me out. 

I did as she said. My eyes landed on my figure in the mirror. "Poor me," I mumbled and splashed cold water on my face. 

"What are you doing here?" Rashmi asked.

"Abhimanyu is killed by Riyaz and I hear him talking with Abdul, I have this feeling that they are working together," I said in one breath. 

"Explain properly," She said. 

I told her everything that had happened till now, I gave her every detail of his plan on 2 October and I told her about JAMPAC. She also didn't have any idea what JAMPAC was.

"Can you give me some money?"

She nodded and handed me all the cash that she had. 

"Ravi, you have to hide for a few days and I'll meet you at Central Park on 4 October. The men who are behind you might catch me as well, so it would be best if we part ways for a few days and I'll talk to authorities to evacuate you as soon as possible," She said.

"Please help me, I'm pregnant and I don't know anyone here," I begged.

"Please understand my situation as well, I promise I'll meet you on 4," she removed her gold earrings and gave them to me," This is all I could do," she said.

"At least give me some clothes to change into," I requested. She nodded and asked me to wait. 

Twenty minutes had passed and there was no sign of her. I decided to go out and check what had happened. I came out and was shocked to see some familiar faces. 

"Fuck, he saw me, " I said and started running. The guard screamed and told everyone that I was there. 

I ran and came outside the mall. The cab driver was waiting for me, I sat in and requested him to start the car. 

He did as I said and took me away from the mall. I looked outside and sighed, thankfully they were not following me. "I hope they don't find out about Rashmi," I prayed in my mind. 

"Where can I find a cheap stay here?" I asked the driver and he told me about some cheap hotels. I decided to stay in one of his recommended places.

I close my eyes and everything that has happened till now keeps replaying in my mind. Unwillingly some tears escape my eyes. My eyes open after I feel a sudden jerk in the car. They found me again. The driver stopped the car and went out to fight with them but his men shot him to death. I feel bad for that driver but I had no time to help him. I know I am selfish, I'm putting other's life at stake to save mine. I wish I had never come back to this car.

I jumped and handled the driver seat. Once again a chase started between us and once again I was caught. I don't know whether whatever happened was good or bad. Should I be happy that I finally gave information to Rashmi or should I be sad that one innocent person had lost his life? His family must be waiting for him little did they know that he will never come back again. 

I was tied with rope and once again was brought back to his mansion. The garden still had blood stains, everyone was eyeing me with anger because I killed one of them and many lost their lives because of me. 

This time they locked me in a basement. The lights were dim and the place was smelling like rotten bodies. 

"Is it the last day?" I asked myself this question again.

He entered the room, and this time his aura was dominating and scary. 

"You got some guts," he said and roughly clutched my hair behind my ear. "You deserve a punishment because of you I lost five of my men," He said and put the pistol on my head.

Hello everyone I want to thank you for 300+ Votes. It means a lot to me.

Thank you for your support ❤️