Let's Make The Whole World Blind

The realization hit me and I made a poker face again. 

"By the way I'm Sagar," he said. 

"Ravi", I replied. 

"I should be going," he said and left. I shut the door and enter the kitchen. I decided to cook. After having dinner, I switched on the TV and saw the news. 

Everyone was talking about Abdul. I despise him, because of him I lost many people. 

The list of people I loathe is very long. My parents, my sister's in-laws, Abhimanyu, Abhimanyu's father, Abdul,  Riyaz and many more. I believe the hatred is mutual, they hate me, I hate them back. They hurt me and I hurt them back. I am not the kind of girl who just tolerates bad behavior  toward me. I'm more like a person who believes "let's make the whole world blind" than at least we could not see how bad the world has become. 

"Abdul was the mastermind behind many terrorist attacks in India. In the case of 1997, 212 people lost their lives in Indore. In the Mumbai attack, more than 250 people lost their lives....." 

My mind got stuck on the Indore attack. "Ravi, don't cry again, you have finished today's quota," I said and changed the channel. 

I don't remember when I fell asleep. The next day, I got up with a stomach ache. It was unbearable so I did nothing and watched the ceiling. I decided to go back to the hospital, I gathered my old prescription and departed. 

My report came, so I collected them and visited the doctor. "You have a mild infection in your uterus, don't worry it can be cured. I'm prescribing you some medicines, take them on time and visit me after five days," he said, "Don't lift any weight, you have to do complete bed rest." I nodded. 

I think I should hire someone who could make food and do household chores. I came back home and asked the security guard if any maids came there. He told me that a maid worked at my neighbor's house, so I decided to ask them. 

I rang their bell and a familiar face opened the door. He was shocked to see me. 

"Oh! Good morning, Miss Weird," I ignored his greetings and asked if there was any maid working at his house. 

"Yes," he replied, "You're not planning to kill her, are you?" He asked with a smile. 

"I want to talk with her," I said ignoring him again. 

"Sheela Didi", he called her and a woman in her early thirties came out. 

"Yes bhaiya," she said while coming out. 

"She wanted to talk with you," he said. 

"I am looking for a housemaid,"  I said. 

"What do I have to do?" 

"Cleaning, cooking, and laundry for one person," I replied "I'll pay you 3000 for a month," I said. 

"Done," she said. The amount I was paying was very high, so she didn't bargain."I'll come after I finish here," I nodded and left. 

I hear her saying, "Bhaiya, is she a billionaire?"

I chuckled and closed the door. I am not a billionaire, I'm just alone. I don't have to think about savings, I don't have to think about any family. 

Things would be different if my daughter was alive. I would have cherished her, spoiled her, and brought everything that she wished for. Nobody can change whatever is written in fate. 

"Should I adopt a child?" I asked myself. "No, who will take care of the child when you'll be out on a mission and if something bad happens to you then he/she will be sent back to foster care." 

The doorbell rang and the maid entered with her six-year daughter. I showed her the kitchen and told her to make something light. 

Her daughter sits on the ground playing with her doll. 

"You can sit on the couch," I said and she looked at her mother to take permission. 

"No madam, she will ruin the couch," Sheela Didi said. 

"Floor is cold, she'll catch a cold," I said and she nodded, permitting her daughter. 

"What is your name?" I asked her with a smile. 

"Tina," she replied. 

"Do you go to school?" I asked and she shook her head.