Fear

"Oh my God, Sagar you are bleeding," I said as I saw his bleeding back. 

Her mother moved her wheelchair using her hands and went inside a room. 

"I'm calling a doctor," I was about to leave his house but he stopped me. "I can do dressing, where are the bandages? " I asked. 

"They are in my mother's room and I don't think going there is a good idea," he smiled at the end. 

"Let's go to my house then," I came out and he followed me. 

He sat on the sofa, facing the other side. "You need to remove your shirt," I said and he panicked. "Calm down, I can't treat you like this." 

He understood and removed his shirt. Her mother threw the vase at her, luckily the wound was not too deep. I cleaned it and did his dressing. He had scars on his back. It was evident that he was treated badly. 

"I know it is your family matter...  Still, you can share if you want," I said. I thought that he would not talk about it but to my surprise, he said, "When I was young, a team of doctors came and did the sterilization of many children of our colony and I was one of them. When my mother found out about this, she started cornering me, giving all the attention to my younger sibling. When I turned twenty, she brought many proposals of marriage but I rejected them all. I didn't want my future wife to face humiliation. I never want anyone to go through what I went through. Last year my brother lost his life in an accident and my mother started living with me. Initially, everything was good and one day she started forcing me to marry. When I opposed her, she started hitting me, and day by day her nature turned out more violent. I don't know how to deal with her," he sighed and wiped his tears. 

We all talk about women's empowerment, feminism, and atrocities against them. In our eyes only man is guilty but he faces hardship too and the worst part is, he can't share them because society has given him a role to suppress his feelings. Sometimes, they are helpless too. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have bored you," he faked his smile and wore his shirt back. I feel bad for him but I had nothing to offer him. He thanked me and went back to his apartment. 

The next day when he went to work, I went to his house and rang the bell. As expected his mother opened the door. She smiled and called me in. It is difficult to believe that she could hurt his son. She appears so sweet and genuine but her face behind the mask is very filthy. 

She asked many questions about me and I answered them with modifications. Of course, I can't risk my life telling her the truth. She asked me about my work and I told him that I'm a Senior Inspector in Ahmedabad and I came here for vacation. 

"Auntie Ji, I was working on two cases last month and both of them were kind of similar. A man killed his mother because she used to beat her. What to say, humanity these days is vanishing from people. He chopped her into pieces and threw her body in different places." Her smile disappeared as I mentioned this imaginary case," In another case, a woman used to beat her 35-year-old son, and one day he complained against her and I was the one who arrested that woman. She was imprisoned for domestic violence and verbal abuse for six years and no one from her family or village came to help her." 

Fear was visible in her eyes and I enjoyed the scene before my eyes. 

"Leave these cases, tell me how is Sagar now? Yesterday, I gave him first aid, he told me that he fell on the broken vase. Poor man, he was injured." 

"He is fine now. I forgot to thank you for helping us yesterday. As you know, my hands and legs don't work properly, I was tense about what I should do and you come at the right time and save my son. I can't thank you enough," she forced her lips to smile but her eyes were depicting fear and I enjoyed that sight. 

Today's shoutout goes to FilmMonger
Thank you for your precious vote and you are very sweet my Nigerian friend❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Thank you all for 1500+ views.