Deserve

Well life is unexpected, isn’t it? 

I was brought back to Delhi and the investigation began. Honestly I don’t care if I die but I don’t want my hard work to get wasted. I spent almost two and half months in this case. Like a mad woman I was following those people. I never get enough sleep. I never have a proper meal during that time and what I’m getting in return…an inquiry? A tag that I was with those terrorist. I had not joined RAW for this day and I don't deserve this.  

“I want to meet Mr. Kant,” I demanded and they rejected my demand. “Okay then do whatever you want I am not cooperating. I have nothing to lose,” I said.

“You should be glad that we are not doing third degree with you,” the investigating officer shouted.

“I don’t care, I told you. I just want to talk with Mr. Kant and I’ll prove my innocence. See officer, I am not involved in this conspiracy. I had completed my work with honesty and I am sure that someone else is behind this, someone with power and information,” luckily I didn’t have to elaborate more because Mr. Kant came to rescue me.

“How did you end up here Miss Ravi,” he asked as he saw me handcuffed with a chair.

“Long story short, a politician is involved and someone from within is working for him,” I spilled the tea. “Before handling him… I mean that teenager, he told me about it. Don't ask me who he is? Because I also don't have any idea. He doesn't know anything about that politician, he just hears about him. By the way, when are you getting me out of here? ” I asked him.

“I will try to do it as soon as possible,” he assured me.

“Don’t tell me you believe her?” The investigating officer asked.

“She is not lying and she has no reason to lie. She is a very important asset, so treat her nicely.”

“Can you tell me why I was assigned to take them to the warehouse?”

“Because the person who was incharge of shifting them got ill all of a sudden,” the investigating officer said.

“And you are here, wasting my time. Go and ask him, maybe he will help you. You should not believe in coincidence,” I smirked. “Where is Shihabuddin and the other agent who was with me during the shift?”

“Shihabuddin is admitted in hospital and the other one is in our custody,” he said.

“Mr. Kant I suggest you meet with other agents as well, maybe they could help us,” I suggested and he nodded.“By any chance is that politician the same MLA from Devawas, from which I got information from Riyaz house?” 

“I’ll check that,” He said and left the room and that investigating officer followed him. I was kept in a cell which was far better than my expectations. The man who was charged to shift them was nowhere to be found. So, my assumption was correct. Maybe he had left the country by now and if it is the case then  it is far more difficult to catch him. If he is not a very important part of the grouping then perhaps he would have been killed by now. So that we don’t get to know about that politician.

My heart says that the Devawas leader is not behind this planned conspiracy because he is watched by RAW from the day I got his links with Abdul. The most important question was who is this politician? Someone who got benefited by the communal riot, maybe some from Kashmir and definitely not from the ruling party because no ruler wants a taint of violence with his name especially in this modern democracy. 

Am I thinking too much? I lay down on the bed and cover my face with a blanket. Ahhhh… it's frustrating. Suddenly I remembered that phone booth guy and I started to laugh. He must have come back to his wife, thinking what just happened with him, where am I now? I am awful, I broke his trust and ran. Comeon Ravi cheer up, he already had a wife and he wanted another one, he deserves to be left alone. I convinced myself because I wanted to defend myself.