I miss you

I came back to my apartment and went straight to my bedroom. " I wanted a normal life, I wish I had never met you." I went near the balcony and saw the city lights blinking. 

No justification from my side can prove me right. First of all, I should not meddle in anyone's affairs. If I wanted then I could easily avoid that airplane drama but God knows what happened to me. Everyone in this world is not the same. If it was the case, the world would have collapsed by now.  Just because you were cheated it does mean that every man is cheating on their woman. I sighed and decided to let it be because I can't do much about it.

"Day by day I'm becoming weirder. Maybe because I am lonely. The world is so big yet I don't have anyone to rely upon. I want to feel the warmth, I miss being in your arms". I stopped as these words left my mouth," You are crazy Ravi, how could you even think about that man". 

I came back inside and slid my clothes and went to take a shower. I came out and put on a loose t-shirt. After debating a lot in my mind, I decided to skip my dinner. I was hungry but I was too tired to cook or to go out and eat. As soon as my head hit the bed, I drifted to sleep.

I woke up from the nightmare that was once my reality, I was scared. I hate to admit it but yes, I get scared every time a man touches me. Most of the time I show that nothing can scare me. Like everyone I also have my weak spots but unlike everyone, I know how to suppress them.

I got up from my bed and went to the kitchen to have some water. My eyes landed on the knife, I touched it and realized that it was sharp. 
I closed my eyes and put that on my wrist. I was about to cut myself and was about to leave this living hell when my subconsciousness hit me. I threw the knife far away and decided to make something to eat but there was nothing in my apartment, not even a packet of noodles. I cursed myself for not storing anything. 

I again come back to my bed to see the empty side of the bed. I ignored his absence and lay down on the bed. "It's been a year, I am living without you yet I don't know how to live my life without you."

The next day I woke up, it was nine AM. I am late, I thought as I saw the time. I got up but realized all of a sudden that I don't need to get up, I am not working as a police officer anymore, my mission is done. I lazily left my bed and did my morning routine. 

I went to the kitchen and realized for the third time that I had nothing to eat so I decided to go grocery shopping.

The moment I stepped out I saw Vada pav and Dabeli, and I decided to eat them. No matter how hard I try to find them outside Mumbai, the taste will not match my expectations now.

I continued shopping after having my breakfast. I stopped for a few necessities and didn't buy much because I have to leave after three days.

Dabeli

Vadapav

Vadapav

The next chapter will be out on 15 June