With Interest

Fifteen days later 

I woke up in the middle of the night and rushed toward the washroom to throw up. Abhimanyu woke up and followed me with concern. 

It was 3 AM and he called a doctor to check on me. "The symptoms show that your wife is pregnant but to be sure I suggest you have a sonography tomorrow and wait for tonight because medicines might not suit her", Doctor said and took his leave.

"This can't be happening, not again... I can't be pregnant with his child," I thought. 

Abhimanyu came to me and gave me the warmest hug, reminding me of our old times. "Thank you", he mumbled and kissed my forehead. 

I don't know how to react, I tried to keep my mind stable but everything went in vain. 

"Let's visit a gynaecologist in the morning", he said and continued," I wish whatever the doctor has said becomes true, I want to start our family."

"Our family", his words keep repeating in my mind. I was the one who destroyed your family by killing your father, I hate to admit but I am the one who came here to remove all the traces of your filthy blood and what a sarcasm I am pregnant with your child. 

I smiled and nodded my head, "Abhi I want to sleep", I said and covered my body with a duvet. 

He came to his side of the bed and asked," Don't you want this child?"

"I am scared", I said the truth. 

"Scared of what?"

"Scared of losing my child again", I said with teary eyes. He wiped my tears and held me securely in his arms. 

"I will protect both of you at any cost", he said. 

I chuckled when I heard him, "Sounds like Dejavu."

"What happened to our first child.... I mean how we...."

"Your father.... He killed our unborn child," I said but regretted it instantly.

"Mind explaining to me", he asked with a straight face.

"Please don't talk about it, I beg you", I said and hugged him. 

"I'll wait till you tell me everything yourself", he said and slept.

The next morning we went to a gynaecologist and my fear turned true, I was pregnant with his child. 

"After completing my mission, what am I supposed to tell my child, who was his father? There is no way that I am going to abort the child," I thought.

On one hand, I was suffering and on another hand, Abhimanyu was on cloud nine. His smile, his happiness..... I wish we could be a normal couple, then I could also enjoy my pregnancy. 

"Ravi please don't forget how his man treated those women. How his man tried to sell you? How he deceived you? How did his father make your life hell? You can't bypass any of his illegal work. Trust yourself, you would be enough for your child. You have to make sure that Abhimanyu meets his end," I encouraged myself. With a smile, I hugged him and we later came back to his house. 

He was talking about a shipment that will leave Chennai tonight and about 300 Bangladeshi and Indian men will be trafficked to Kuwait to work in his oil fields. He was talking in Arabic not knowing that I understood every word that he was talking about. Later in the evening, he got the report on the women's consignment that had left from Kanyakumari's port. 

Finally, I got some news, so I sent the information to headquarters. It was 2 in the morning when he got a call, seeing his reaction it took me no time to figure out that those people were saved. 

"What happened Abhi?" I asked with fake concern. 

"Nothing babe, you go to sleep I'll come back soon," he said, changing into formal clothes. "Staying this late is not good for the baby", he kissed my forehead and left his room.

That night was one of the most peaceful nights of my life. "This is just the beginning, just wait and watch how I'll ruin your empire", I smirked and let the night engulf me. "I will give you back everything and this time with interest Mr Abhimanyu."