Karma Is A Bitch

The next day the driver took me to the housing board colony. They gave me a well-furnished 2BHK apartment. It was warm and cozy but appeared  alone like me.

I entered the kitchen and realized I needed to do grocery shopping. "I'll have Chole Bhature for breakfast," I thought and later I'll go grocery shopping, and then I have to visit a psychiatrist. 

The breakfast was amazing

The breakfast was amazing. I buy groceries for a month. Lentils, flour, spices, tea, sugar, etc. Later I went to buy bedsheets and other stuff. I planned to make lunch at home but I didn't notice the time. It was two and I had an appointment at 3 PM. I had my lunch at a restaurant and then I went to visit a psychiatrist. 

We talked about different topics and I was not comfortable so I didn't answer her questions about my parents, and what happened to me during the mission. 

"Ravi, you need to take out whatever is in your mind otherwise it will make you hollow from the inside," she said. 

I chuckled, "This hollowness gave me power," I said. 

"No, you are delusional. I can understand why you don't want to share your past. You are very strong, you don't need to share your problem with me or with anybody else. You can share it with yourself, start writing a diary, I guarantee that it'll help you." 

I nodded, "Ravi, face your problems. You need to overcome your insecurities except yourself, no one can help you," She said. 

"I should take my leave now," I said and got up. 

"Seriously, is she a psychiatrist? I know everything that she was telling me. If she can't help me then what is the need of coming here? Waste of time," I mumbled and opened the car door. 

The driver was standing outside, he saw me and asked, "Should I take you to your house?" 

I nodded and closed my eyes. He started the car and when we were about to reach home, my phone started ringing. It was Mr Kant.  

"Hello," I said. 

"Miss Ravi, can you come to your training center," he asked. 

"Right now," I asked. 

"Yes." 

"Will be there in twenty minutes," I said and hung up the call. 

"We have to go to the training center," I said and he took me there. After half an hour, I finally reached there. 

I was welcomed with bouquets and garlands. All this was very new to me. "Abdul is caught," Mr Kant said. 

"It was quick," I said. 

"We shared the intelligence report with Nepal and they cooperated with us. Within 24 hours Nepal police and Indian Special Force found out about him. You have done a good job," he said and I thanked him. 

After a small celebration, Mr Kant took his leave and I decided to go as well. On my way to the exit, I heard three men talking about me. So, I eavesdrop on them. 

"Mr Kant was praising Ravi very much, I agreed that she worked but it was not that difficult," one man said. 

"Indeed it was an easy mission and I heard that she was paid very well. She has her car, didn't you see? I have heard that her parents disowned her because she was caught with some guys. A prostitute like her is getting too much attention. I bet she did nothing except spread her legs...." The man who was standing near him saw me, he put a hand on his mouth and said, "Miss Ravi you are leaving?" 

"Yes," I replied. 

"But the party just started," he said. The guy who was speaking badly about me, lowered his eyes because he knew I heard their conversation. 

"I need to warm someone's bed," I replied, staring at their souls. 

"We didn't mean that," they said in unison. 

"I know," I said with a smile. "Tell me do you think it's cool to be a spy, is it respectable work?" 

"Yes"

"But I hope your daughter doesn't become one...  Otherwise, her colleagues or subordinates will call her a prostitute and just because society is calling her prostitute, you'll disown her," I spitted the venom. 

"Anyways,  I'll be going, you can continue your gossip." 

"I'm sorry," they said. There was no guilt in their voice; it was merely an obligation. 

"Chill,  I'll not complain about you. But trust me, Karma is a bitch," I smirked and left.