Sudden Change

Abhimanyu came home all frustrated because in this month three of his human trafficking plan and drugs of five hundred million rupees were confiscated from both India and Bangladesh. 

"How was your day?" I asked with a smile, even though I know about his losses.

"Not very good", he said in a low voice. "But it's okay", he continued and touched my belly to feel the baby and smile. 

"Don't fall for his sweet talk", I said to myself and smiled. 

"Abhi your baby is craving chocolate", I said. 

"I'll get one for you", he said and left the room. 

I feel at ease as he left the room, maybe the comfort that I used to feel with him is now replaced with guilt. I feel terrible, not only for him but also for my unborn child. "Please forgive your mother", I said while caressing my tummy. 

"Why are you apologizing?" This known voice shivers my spine. He caught me off guard.

"It's a secret between me and my child", I said with a poker face, "You know it's wrong to eavesdrop on someone's conversation."

"No, it's fine as long as that someone is my better half", he said and passed me the chocolate.

I grabbed it and started eating it. 

"Do you want some?" I asked and he nodded. He caged me in his arms and kissed me, "It's sweet", he smirked and kissed me more passionately. 

"We should stop now otherwise it would lead us somewhere else and the doctor told me to avoid any physical relation till the time the baby is of three months", I said panting heavily. 

"See you not even come and protect her from her sinful husband," he said and kissed my tummy," let's wait and watch who will save you when this little champ comes out", he said and pulled me into his embrace.

"Abhi I want to ask something", I said, afraid of his reaction. 

"Hmm", he hummed lazily.

"Would you change your profession after the baby came?" He gave me a death glare after detaching our bodies, "I mean how.... What would .... I said…. to the baby .... When he/she asks me… What do you do?"

"We will see that later", he said and pull me again in his arms. 

"The sins you have committed are not worth forgiving but at least they can be repented. What should I do so that you get ready to surrender yourself?" My conversation with myself ended after hearing his snoring.

"How could you sleep so peacefully after destroying so many lives? " I speak under my breath. "So calm..... So peaceful", I said it aloud while touching his face. It was unintentional but after hearing me he woke up. 

"Are you seducing me? We can't do this, it's not good for the baby", he sarcastically said while mimicking my tone. 

"I.... I...."

"What! No words now", he chuckled, "I caught you Mrs. Ravi Abhimanyu now you can't lie." 

"I am sleepy, good night", I said and closed my eyes. 

"Good night", he said and kissed my forehead. 

"No... Please stop..... No..... 

Baba(i.e., father)... Please don't.... Aai(mother).... Please Dada(elder brother) please stop him."

I woke up when Abhimanyu shook me. "Again that nightmare", he asked and I nodded while crying. I hugged him and he gently patted my head so that I could relax. 

"Babe you need to visit a psychiatrist," he said in concern.

"No please", I said as I calmed down.

"You need to see a professional. This could affect our child, please let's go and visit...."

"No", I shouted, cutting him in the middle. 

"I am sorry for ruining your sleep," I said and freed myself from his grip.

"Ravi", he signed.

"Please I don't want to talk about it", I said and closed my eyes.

He back-hugged me and tried his best to calm me down, "I am with you always", he added, "If you need me just tell me, I can do anything for you."

"Don't make these empty promises", I said. 

"Name anything and I could give that to you", he said in arrogance. 

"Can you leave this dirty mafia work", silence took over him. I chuckled, "See, I don't think....."

"Okay", he said.

"Hmmm", I frowned at hearing him. 

"I will start a new life with you, give me some time," he said.

Hey
What do you think is he really planning to quit this mafia world or is it just a hoax? Comment down.

Don't forget to vote ❤️