LET'S DO THIS

It was a cold night in Mumbai(India) and I had to go through the Marine Lines in the south to Kandivali in the north. It was 2 AM and I know it is dangerous as hell to roam around this time. I was scared but I had to go there. It is my fate and I am the one who chose this life, so I am not in a situation to blame anyone. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and continued walking. 

"Let's do this", I encouraged myself and started running. I came to a tea stall and requested him to save me. He let me hide under his stall and cover it with sheets. Soon the people who were following me asked him if he saw a girl running. 

He nodded his head and signaled to them that I ran in the other direction. After a few minutes, he asked me to come out. I had tear stains on my face, my eyes were red and puffy. " Who were they?" He asked me. 

"My uncle and brothers, they killed my parents.... for property and now they wanted to kill me as well. I... I somehow escaped." I said tearing up. 

He smirked and said, "They will help you to go to the police station", he said pointing toward three men that I saw standing behind me. 

I know something was fishy with these men but still, I decided to go with the flow. I nodded and thanked him for the last time. 

I followed them and sat on the seat behind the driver. One of the men came and settled beside me. 

Soon the car started and my eyes were fixed on the road. They cross the street that could lead us to the police station. I panicked but decided to not show it. They are certainly not good people, I thought and started scanning all of them. 

"What have you put yourself on girl?" I said under my breath. 

Soon the car stopped. I came outside only to see myself standing in front of an abandoned factory. I was aware of what was coming next. 

The man who was sitting beside me grabbed me by my arm and started dragging me. In no time I was in front of a container. I tried to resist lightly but he pushed me into it without saying anything. 

It was pitch dark there but I could hear gossiping and light sobbing. My retina adjusted its size and I could see hundreds of helpless women, they all were tied. My eyes were scanning for one person and as I saw her, my body became stiff. 

Two men who were in charge of that place grabbed me by my upper arm. I checked if there were some more guards, luckily, there were none. I felt someone's hand on my butt and he squeezed it. I closed my eyes in frustration and in a blink of a second I injected him with a sedative that was in my pocket. Before the second one understood I punched him and tied him with a chair. 

I requested all of them to stay calm and not make any noise." I am police", I said and started opening one of the women, she helped me untie the other women. My feet dragged me to the woman who was eight-months pregnant and the moment she saw me she hugged me tightly and started crying. 

"Shusshhh Sunita everything is fine", I said and patted her back. " Let's go back home Dipti and Abhishek are waiting for you." She hugged me even more tightly. I calm her down and take my Nokia 3210 out from my socks and switch it on. "Sir, around 150 women are here," and I told him everything about the present circumstances and confirmed the way to this place. 

I closed the container from inside and started waiting for my team to arrive. 

Half an hour later…..

We could hear firing outside and someone tried to barge into the container but it was locked from inside so he was not able to come inside. 

Every woman was in panic, I tried my best to calm them and Sunita helped me with this. 

The man who was tied to the chair somehow untied himself. He pointed me at his gunpoint and tried to open the container. He opened it and looked at me in pure agony, "fuck you bitch", he said and pulled the trigger.

The next chapter will be out on 9 June.