73. Winterfell

They were back a dragon stone, planning their journey to winterfell. To gather their troops and defeat the army of the dead.

"if we have the dorthraki ride hard they will get to winter fall within a fortnight.' Jon said moving his hand along the map.

'And the unsullied?' dany questioned

'We can send them to White Harbor to meet the Dothraki on Kings road and we can ride together from there.' jon told her.

'Perhaps you should fly to Winterfell your Grace,' Mormont said 'you have many enemies all it takes is one angry man with a crossbow to see you are silver hair and want vengeance and declare himself the man who killed the conqueror...' Mormont warned.

'It's your decision your grace but if we are to be allies in this war is important for the northerners to see us as allies together' Jon told her. 'if you show up alone on a dragon... they really wont trust you. Northerners have walls up, especially when it comes to outsiders.' Jon told her.

'Fine we sail to the Harbor together I think it sends a better message,' dany told them agreeing with jon. 'I have not come to conquer the north I'm coming to save the north, we sail together' Daenerys told Jon.

+

Daenerys and Jon Snow riding side by side Jon wearing all black and Daenerys was an all white everyone stood tall and proudly for the king of the north and the queen...

'I warned you northerners don't trust outsiders' Jon told Dany, as the rode everyone gave her skeptical looks but the moment her dragons roared overhead terrifying the people Daenerys smirked those were her babies. She was their queen. They would fear her first, then they would respect her, or just fear her.

'I hate the snow.' Thea whined as they rode.

"I know flower.' Sandor said holding her closer.

"I don't like this horse either.' Thea admitted.

'whats wrong with him?" Arya watched from the crowds of people surprised to see the man she left for dead very much alive. Thea too. Arya hadn't thought about either of them in moons but there they rode. At winterfell and ready to help.

'Too bumpy.' Thea remarked.

'You are too picky. You know that?'

"I have higher standards.' Thea corrected.

'In men too.' Sandor teased.

'You are rather tall.' Thea agreed.

Bran sat front and center in front of Winterfell when Jon got there he hugged and kissed his head.

'Look at you he said you're a man' jon said looking at his brother. Sitting in a wheel chair. Immobilized from the fall.

'Almost,' bran told him.

'Where is arya?'

'Lurking somewhere' Sansa told him, hugging Jon as well

'Sansa, this is Queen Daenerys Targaryen.' Jon introduced.

'you are just as beautiful as your brother said lady sansa.' Dany told her. Jon gave his sister a nudge.

'the north is yours... your grace.' Sansa said through clenched teeth

'We do not have time for this' bran told them 'the night king has your dragon he's one of them now the wall has fallen dead march south.'

+

'As soon as we heard of the wall falling I called all our men back... when can we expect your people to arrive?' tyrion was sat at the high table his eyes drifting to Thea and sandor eating at one of the back tables.

'We need more horses and wagons if it pleases my lady and my Lord. And my queen' the boy, Ned Umber added looking from Sansa to Jon to Daenerys.

'We will give you as many as we can spare'

'We need to send ravens to the night watch as well' Jon said

'Your Grace... But you're not are you? You left Winterfell a king and came back a... I'm not sure what you are now a lord? Nothing at all?' Alys Karstark questioned.

'That is not important' Jon told her immediately.

'Not important? We named you King in the north' Alys said and the men rallied behind her. Thea banged her fist in the table joining in on the excitement.

'Why are we excited? I wasn't listening.' Thea whispered to sandor he just chuckled grabbing her hand a pressing a kiss to her knuckles.

'You did my lady it was the honor of my life and I will always be grateful for your faith but when I left Winterfell I told you we need to make allies or we will die. I have brought those allies home. I had a choice keep my crown or protect the north. I chose the north' Jon told them

'If anyone survived the war to come we will have Jon Snow to thank.' Tyrion told them moving around the long table. 'he risked his life to show us as a threat is real thanks to his courage we have brought with us the greatest army the world has ever seen we have brought two full grown dragons and soon the Lannister army will ride north to join our cause' he added and there was an uproar 'I know I know our people have not been friends in the past' tyrion reminded them 'but we must fight together now or die.'

'May I ask how we are supposed to feed all of these armies, the dothraki and the unsullied and two full grown dragons?' sansa questioned 'What do dragons eat anyway?' Sansa questioned.

'Whatever they want.' Dany informed her smugly.

******

Gendry and the other welders were hard at work making dragon glass weapons for every able body while they discussed what to do about feeding the soldiers.

'How did you survive a knife to the heart?' Arya questioned coming up behind him.

'I didn't' Jon told her. She hugged him hugged him tight and he lifted her off the ground. Jon looked past her to Thea, she was twisting her boots in the snow. He didn't think she wanted to him but Jon didn't know that Thea knew Arya. 'You still have it?' Jon said pointing to her sword, the sword he had given her before everything went to hell.

'Needle' she told him.

''Have you used it?' jon asked.

'Once or twice,' she told him. He took out his sword showing it to her 'Valyrian steel' she whispered, she took it in her hands, admiring it.

'Jealous?' Jon question

'Do you have any for me?' arya questioned

'Where were you before I could've used your help with Sansa?' jon told her. 'She does not like our queen,' jon told her 'and Sansa thinks she's smarter than everyone else.'

'She's the smartest person I've ever met.' Arya told them.

'you're defending her? you?' Jon said shocked

'I'm defending our family and so is she' arya reminded him

'I'm family too,' he told her.

'Don't forget that' she told him hugging him again. 'Thea.' Arya said noticing her.

"Hello Arya. Glad to see you alive.' Thea admitted.

'You too.'

'Where did you go?'

'Bravvos.' Arya told her. 'you?'

'Remember Beric?'

"Dondarrion.' Arya confirmed and Thea nodded. 'Fuck. Really?"

'Yep.' Thea admitted.

'But you found the hound again.' Arya acknowleged.

'Yes. By luck really.' Thea told her.

'Is he still a dick?" Arya questioned with a smug smile. Thea chuckled.

'Glad you are alive Arya.' Thea said walking away.