68. Run

'You look cold sweetheart, I could warm ya up.' Tormund suggested waggling his eyebrows, sandor shot him a glare.

Thea couldn't feel her legs, her teeth were chattering, every time she breathed her skin felt like it was being chewed on by a horde of piranhas. And yet, she found the strength to roll her eyes. At least the cranky Tyrell bitch inside her heart was holding strong. Thea didn't know how they were going to get out of this but at least they were going to be together.

As they continued on their journey the mountain getting closer and closer to Sandor's vision, Tormund stopped them hearing something ahead, unnatural noises. they peered down to see the army of the dead walking their pace slow as their swords and boots dragged on the ground

'Where's the rest of them?' jon questioned only seeing a dozen or so.

'We kill enough of them we are going to find out.' Tormund said grinning.

'Are you sure that's a good idea?" Thea questioned but Tormund nodded happily. Thea groaned her head tipping back as they headed down.

They attacked the group of white walkers they were doing better against the white walkers than the white walker bear. They were fighting and fighting, they wouldn't go down but Jon killed the leader and the rest crumbled to nothing but ice except for one. one remained thrashing and screaming and kicking this would be the one they brought back to Kings Landing. this would be the one they gave to cersei to show her that this war needed to be stopped until the real enemy was killed.

It screamed and screamed so sandor put a hand over his mouth but part of its skin came off in his hand

'Fuck' he screamed shaking off white walker goo. They heard the marching of approaching soldiers, more than this group they had taken down, and fast approaching.

'Thea you're the fastest go and tell queen daenarys what we found.' Jon said and thea turned to go but sandor grabbed her arm pulling her back to him. He kissed her long and hard. Beric cleared his throat.

'I'll be back with reinforcements.' thea assured running off.

They had the proof, all they needed was to make it back to them alive.

Sandor being the biggest and the strongest carried the bound white walker on his back, they made a run for it the army of the dead hundreds possibly thousands of them quickly approaching but they came to an iced over river. Their feet started to break the ice as they moved, walkers crumbled into the water as their little spot of sanctuary got smaller but they were safe. But there were so many white walkers the army of the dead circled around them. They were trapped now with thousands of white walkers surrounding them on all sides they were safe for the moment but they were trapped all the same.

++++

'how you doing thoros?' Beric questioned, he looked back at Beric, he was pale, and shaking with the cold but he offered Beric a smile. Beric came over lifting Thoros shirt, he frowned before telling his friend to rest. He covered up the wound. Jon's eyes searching the area, walkers, white walkers coming at them from all directions. Hundreds, thousands...

The army of the dead stood there like statues waiting for their moment to attack for hours and hours the sun had disappeared from the sky the only sound of the wind whipping through the breeze and the white walker they had captured at their feet thrashing and whining complaining. The dead watching them. thoros taking jagged and shakes breaths below them. As the sun disappeared, they were left with the eerie stares of blue eyes in the distance.

+++++++++

Morning came and they were all still trapped the white walkers still surrounding them they hadn't moved from the spot, the white walker they had trapped still grumbling and complaining Sandor kicked him to shut him up and he hissed a complaint.

'Thoros? Thoros...' beric questioned, Thoros was frozen white as snow he died from the bear attack wound.

'I would say it was a better way to go' sandor remarked pulling his ale from thoros's belt, drinking it down.

'Lord of light show us the way come to us in the darkness and lead your servant to the light.' Beric said saying a prayer over Thoros. Jon took the ale from Sandor and poured the rest over Thoros his body.

'We have to burn him' jon declared

'Perhaps Lord of light can give us some fire?' tormond asked beric. Beric set his sword aflame and set thoros's body on fire. Sandor turned away from the flame as Thoros burned.

'When you killed the white walker almost all the dead that followed it fell... why?' Mormont asked jon

'Maybe he was the one that turned them?' jon pondered,

'Maybe if we go for the walkers we will stand a chance?' mormont suggested

'No we need to take him with us, we need to take him to dragon stone Daenerys is our only chance.' Jon pointed to the captured white walker.

'There is another chance if we kill him if we kill the knight king we killed them all.' Sandor suggested, pointing out, seeing him standing tall above his army. He rode his walker horse, staring down at them threateningly, all without saying a word,

'The Lord brought you back, the Lord brought me back, did he do it to watch his freeze to death?' Beric asked jon.

'Careful Beric you lost your priest this is your last life' Sandor told him.

'The lord of light will guide us-' beric always the faithful servant.

'Everyone I've ever met has been a cunt. I don't see why the Lord of light would be any different.' Sandor told him, they stare down the night king he stood on the top perched high about everyone else watching them, waiting to attack.

'Dumb cunt' Sandor said throwing another stone the walker stood unfazed as it hit his face, bouncing onto the ice. Sandor threw another stone but it stayed on the surface on the ice, the ice didn't break, the walkers noticed. 'oh fuck' he said as the walkers started to move closer to him a single white walker walking across the ice and then more started to walk seeing it was safe their swords and boots dragging across the ground.

Swords and daggers and hammers and axes all being swung through the air all killing the white walkers Beric set his sword aflame again slicing them through the heart or their lack of heart. They were getting closer there was too many of them they were gonna die, too damn many. Sandor swung blades slicing them down but they kept coming. For every walker they bashed in, sent crumbling to the waters below another hundred seemed to approaching. Closer and closer they got the harder they swung the harder they fight the smaller their little island of sanctuary became. The white walkers were getting the upper hand crashing down on top of them.

'Fall back' Jon shouted 'fall back' but where were they to fall back to? They were surrounded. It looked hopeless. This was to be there end.

Tormund was being toppled. White walkers fell into a hole in the ice and where trying to drag him under. He screamed out reaching out as he was pulled down. Sandor jumped down swinging mercilessly, pulling him back up as the walkers kept advancing. They lost a few men pulled under by the walkers eating them alive, their screams echoing as they were torn apart. They were going to die. Their spot of safety was gone. Jon's face pinched as he swung time and time again. But it was useless. Jon kept swinging, and swinging, they were going to die...