46. Red Wedding

'red fucking wedding they are calling it.' Sandor muttered. 'they killed everyone that would have taken the little bitch.'

'hey I'm right here and i can hear you!' arya spat back as they rode.

'none of the starks had anything to say after that meal!' a group of men sat around the fire, arya and Thea listened as they spoke about the red wedding. Robb and Catelyn's fall. They were laughing as if it was the best thing in the world...

'tell you what though the hardest thing was getting the wolfs head to stay on the body.' Arya had enough, she jumped down, moved to the men quickly. Sandor muttered a few curses before stopping the horse.

'Stay.' he told Thea. 'you get the fuck out of here if something happens.' He told her running after arya. Thea sat uselessly looking back at the scene unfold.

'what we ending up doing was we hooked the needle right on the collar bone..' arya made her way behind the man speaking, the others watched curiously. Their eyes drifting to Arya. 'give it a nice firm... what do you want.'

'mind if I keep warm?' arya asked.

'fuck off.'

'but I'm are hungry. And very cold.' Arya said sweetly.

'does fuck off mean something else where you come from?'

'ive got money.' Arya held out the coin jaqen gave her.

'what kind of coin is that?' the man asked.

'its worth a lot.' He reached out for it and she dropped it to the ground. 'sorry.' She said innocently.

'you little shit.' He muttered picking it up and when he bent down arya snapped. She stabbed the man, she kept stabbing him. Over and over again. Sandor marched over and finished the last man,

'where did you get the knife?' sandor asked arya coming up behind her.

'from you.' She held it up for him he took it looking down at where it was usually kept, the little thief.

'was that the first man you killed?' sandor asked.

'the first man.' Arya confirmed.

'next time you are going to do something like that, tell me first.' Sandor said looking to Thea she was gnawing at her lip as she watched them come back to the horse.

'valar morghulis' arya said picking up her coin.

+

Joffrey was at the small council meeting. Smiling widely practically bouncing with joy when tyrion arrived.

'Killed a few puppies today?' Tyrion question sitting down, at the opposite end.

'Show him show him' Joffrey said excitedly master pycelle handed over the note but it slipped from his fingers

'Apologies my Lord, old hands.' Tyrion bent over snatching it off the ground reading through the note

'Rosalyn caught a fine fat trout her brothers gave her a pair of wolf pelts for her wedding signed Walder Frey... Is that bad poetry or is it supposed to mean something?' Tyrion questioned

'Robb stark is dead,' Joffrey said 'killed him and his bitch mother.' He turned his attention to master pyeclle. 'write back to Lord Frey tell him thank you for his service and command him to send Robb starks head I'm going to serve it to Sansa at my wedding feast!'

'Your Grace lady Sansa is your aunt by marriage.' Varys reminded him.

'A joke.' Cersei said 'Joffrey did not mean it.'