32. Do die

War was upon them. the chimes and battle drums rang out as the soldiers prepared for battle.

Thea groaned at the noise as Sandor pulled away from her.

'I'm sorry i woke you.' She turned over in his arms to face him as he settled in, his warm breath tickling her forehead as he pressed a kiss to her brow.

'You didn't, the fucking bells did.' Thea grumbled pulling him back to her. His hands roamed down to her bottom and gave her a firm squeeze. "Mmmmm." She could feel him hardening against her thigh.

'I gotta go,' he whispered his voice raspy against her neck.

+

'Remember wait until-'

'The ships are in the bay.' Bronn said 'I know.'

'They must be far enough in.' Tyrion reminded him.

'I know what IN means... do you know how to use that?' Bronn questioned looking down at the axe in tyrions hand.

'I chopped wood once no... I watched my brother chopping wood once.' Tyrion admitted looking down to the axe.

'I saw you kill a man with a shield you'll be unstoppable with an axe... don't get killed' Bronn said shaking his hand

'Nor you my friend.' Tyrion told him.

'Are we friends now?' Bronn questioned his eyes drifting to Thea walking with Sandor.

'Of course we are just because I pay you doesn't diminish our friendship.'

'It enhances it, really.' Bronn agreed

'It enhances it? fancy word for a sell sword.' Tyrion remarked.

'I've been spending time with fancy folks.' Bronn told him 'you going to say farewell to your love? Your beautiful bride to be?" Bronn nodded to Thea.

'I suppose since she is here.' Tyrion said stiffly. 'But perhaps I will say goodbye to a woman that actually likes me first.' Tyrion mused seeing Shae and Sansa. 'Lady Sansa and Sarah?' Tyrion said

'Shae' she corrected bitterly.

'Yes Shae of course I'm sorry. Surely my sister has asked you to join her and the other highborn ladies?' Tyrion told Sansa

'She has my Lord but King Joffrey has asked for me to send him off.' Joffrey and Sandor appeared, Joffrey was swinging around a blade he wouldn't use as he prepared to quiver in the corner while the real men fought.

'He's always been a great romantic.' Tyrion told her, as Joffrey called out to her.

+

'If you happen to slice Tyrions head off, I wouldn't object to that.' Thea told sandor softly.

'You are wicked.' Sandor told her with a grin. 'I love it.' She smiled sweetly up at him. 'that powder...'

'if given the proper dose mixed with lets say wine-'

'the imp is constantly drinking wine.' Sandor agreed.

'-could cause some... issues. It also has horrid effects when in contact with the eyes, burns right through the retina.' She said innocently as she ran a finger down sandor's cheek.

'Wicked.' Sandor repeated. 'how did you learn about-'

'my grandmother, of course, where else does a woman learn such ways to murder and get away with it?' thea told him.

+

'Sansa! come here!' Joffrey demanded.

'I will pray for your safe return my Lord.' Sansa said turning back to Tyrion

'Will you?' Tyrion questioned

'Just as I pray for the kings.' Sansa said turning around

'Stay safe my lady.'

'And you my lion.' Shae said quietly before following Sansa

'Your king rides forth to battle, you should offer his sword a kiss.' Joffrey told sansa. 'My new blade heart eater I've named it.' Joffrey told her 'kiss it!' he demanded and sansa slowly put her lips to blade. 'You will kiss it again when I return and taste my uncles blood.'

'Will you slay him yourself?' sansa questioned

'If Stannis is foolish enough to come near me.' Joffrey muttered trying not to be nervous.

'So you will be outside the gates fighting in the Vanguard?" Sansa questioned

'The king does not discuss battle plans with stupid girls.' Joffrey sneered.

'I'm sorry your Grace I am stupid, of course you'll be in Vanguard. They say my brother Robb always goes where the fighting is the thickest but he is a pretender.' Sansa remarked hopeful that joffrey would die having never seen battle before.

'Your brothers time will come and you can lick his blood of heart eater too.' Joffrey said walking off.

'Lady thea,' Tyrion called and she groaned as she watched sandor walk off.

'Lord. Tyrion.' She said stiffly turning to him. Tyrion opened and closed his mouth losing all words as she stared down at him.

'The little lord is going to win us the battle of the black water, with my help of course.' Bronn told her.

'Good for you.' Thea mocked. 'Do die out there,' she said as she walked away.

'she said don't die... right?' Tyrion questioned Bronn.

"No, she said do.' Bronn smirked smugly down at him. 'I love that woman.'