42. Mother material

King of my heart // Ned stark // Jorah Mormont is out now!

'remember what I said about children that run. I am your father. I do the talking.' He told arya. 'You are her mother.' Sandor told Thea, 'you stay quite too.' He pulled her. He knew Theas mouth could get them in trouble.

"I don't really think myself mother material.' Thea told him but he stared down at her. 'Right, hello daughter.' Thea offered sandor a tight smile as Thea wrapped a hand around Arya's shoulders.

'roads have gone right to hell,' the man said as he tried and failed to fix his wheel. Sandor came up. 'cracked three spokes this morning.' The man went on.

'you need a hand?'

'I need about 8 hands.' but sandor easily lifted the wagon. 'gotta get this load to the twins in time for the wedding' the man said as he fixed the wheel. Once finished sandor let go and stood up. 'many thanks.' Sandor punched him in the face, knocking him down, unconscious. Thea stood there confused while arya marched, charged at sandor as he pulled out his sword.

'don't!' she demanded pushing him back, well trying to push him back. 'don't kill him. '

'dead rats don't squeak.' Sandor said.

'you're so scary aren't you. Saying scary things to little girls and killing little boys and old people. A real hard man you are.'

'more than anyone you know.' Sandor replied. He couldn't wait to rid himself from this little brat, him and Thea could start over, be free.

'you're wrong. I know a killer. A real killer.' Arya told sandor, they were at a stand off and Arya was fearless.

'is that so?'

'you would be like a kitten to him.' Arya said looking over sandor, he was so tall and muscled and she was small but quick... Thea watched the two bicker, bored. She picked at her nails, before brushing a hand through her hair brushing out the knots, she needed a bath. Thea cracked her neck and they were still shouting at each other. Arya... here she was just a girl and facing off against sandor.

'he would kill you with his little finger!' she declared.

'is that him?' sandor questioned pointing to the man he knocked out.

'no.'

'good.' Sandor moved to strike the man dead but arya stood her ground.

'Don't kill him. Please.' She begged for the stranger's life. 'please don't.' sandor looked to Thea but she didn't move, stood silently watching them. She didn't know what was the right thing. They both were right. If the man talked they were in trouble but then again maybe he wouldn't come across any guards, it could go either way. Sandor looked back to a defiant Arya and he put his sword away.

'you are very kind. Some day it will get you killed.' Sandor told her. the man started to stir and arya took a wooden plant and smacked him over the head. They took the mans wagon and continued on their way to the twins, to Robb and Catelyn.

+

'Lady Tyrell my king,' the guard declared with a knock at the door

'Enter,' Joffrey declared and Margaery entered so elegantly walking up to Joffrey. She looked around his room offering him the sweetest of smiles

'You wanted to see me your Grace?'

'I'm leaving on a hunting trip I just wanted to make sure you have everything you need before I left.' Joffrey told her

'That's very thoughtful of you your grace,' Margaery told him 'I have everything I could want.'

'Good,' he told her 'how are you finding life in the capital? Must be quite a change after Renly's camp.'