27. I'm not that mean

A crossbow was pointed at Sansa, but Joffrey put down the crossbow a smug look on his face.

'My mother insists you stay alive so we'll have to find another way to punish... your brother,' Joffrey said sitting back down. 'Leave her face I like a pretty' Joffrey said as his guard started to beat sansa. 'My ladies overdressed, unburden her.' Joffrey told him meryn ripped at her dress, sansa on her knees cried out. The door slammed open and all heads turned.

'if we want robb stark to hear us we are going to have to speak louder!' Joffrey decreed.

'What the bloody hell is the meaning of all of this?' Tyrion said storming forward Bronn behind him, Thea stopped at the door at the sight of it, her eyes went wide at Sansa's sad state.

'I was following orders' Meryn told him confidently.

'Who orders someone to beat a helpless girl?' Tyrion questioned incredulously.

'One that follows the king you best learned that imp!' Meryn, always the loyal servant. Til the end. 'I do not bow before anyone unworthy of-'

'Your grace,' Tyrion stepped forward, ignoring meryn, 'She is to be your queen, have you no honor for her dignity?' he questioned.

'Don't move.' Sandor whispered as he moved down the aisle and wrapped his cloak around sansa, she was shaking as she pulled it tighter around her.

'She committed crimes' Joffrey said

'She is not her brother you halfwit.' Tyrion told him. Thea looked between Tyrion and Joffrey, Tyrion was going to get himself killed talking back to the king like that, she couldn't help but a small smile curving on her lips.

'The king isn't going to kill the lord imp.' Sandor whispered when he got back to her. 'wipe that smile off your face.'

'Hush, you think the worst of me,' Thea teased. 'I am merely concerned for my husb... I cant even say it without wanting to vomit!' Thea told him honestly and sandor chuckled.

'You can't talk to me like that!' Joffrey declared. 'The king has can do as he likes!' Joffrey told them.

'The mad king did is he liked, has your uncle Jaime ever told you what happened to him?' Tyrion reminded him.

'No one threatens his grace in the presence of the kings guard!' Meryn said threateningly.

'I'm not threatening the king, ser I am educating my nephew. Bronn next time Ser Meryn speaks kill him. That was a threat, see the difference?' Thea's mouth gaped open as she watched Tyrion, he was going to get himself kill. Thea bit her lip so as not to laugh out loud. Tyrion walked back down to Sansa cautiously he offered her hand she wrapped the cloak tighter around her before accepting his hand and standing up and following him out.

'I apologize for my nephews behavior... tell me the truth do you want an end to this engagement?'

'I am loyal to King Joffrey my one true love.' Sansa said obediently.

'Lady stark you may survive us yet.' Tyrion said as she disappeared.

'The little king is backed up clogged from balls to brains.' Bronn told him.

'Do you think dipping his wick will cure his ales?' Tyrion questioned.

'There's no cure for being a cunt but the boy is at that age and he's got nothing to do all day except pick wings off flies. It couldn't hurt to get some of the poison out.' Bronn suggested.

But giving Joffrey whores was a bad idea.

++

'I'm sure you'll come up with something eventually,' Cersei told him

'Joffrey needs to start acting like a king. The city is coming to our doorstep the entire city wants Joffrey dead.' Tyrion reminded her.

'I'm not the one with a cause to abuse!'

'I thought the girls might help him I was wrong.' Tyrion admitted his name day present of a few whores turned out to be a very bad idea, so much for listening to Bronn, for Joffrey beat the girls, had them beat each other bloody.

'if we can't control him-' Tyrion told her.

'Do you think I haven't tried?" Cersei questioned. 'He does not listen to me'

'It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you put a crown on its head.' Tyrion told her.

'I always hope to be like Jaime. He looks like him... in the certain light.' Cersei added awkwardly.

'The boy is more like Robert' Tyrion told her

'Robert was a drunken fool,' cersei reminded Tyrion.

'but he didn't enjoy cruelty.' Tyrion added.

'Sometimes I wonder...'

'What?' Tyrion asked

'If this is the price for what we've done for our sins.'

'Sins?' Tyrion questioned then he understood. 'Targaryen's-' Tyrion began.

'Wed brother and sister for years I know so Jaime and I... we say to each other in moments of doubt that is what I told Ned stark when he was stupid enough to confront me. Half the Targaryen's went mad. what's the saying?' cersei questioned, 'Every time a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin.' Cersei recalled.

'You've beaten the odds, Tommen and Marcella good and decent children.' Tyrion reminded her.

'I miss Jaime.' Cersei sobbed.

'so do I.' Tyrion remarked leaving her be.

++

'After the war.' Tyrion told her. 'With Stannis and Renly, there is much to prepare for...' Tyrion assured her.

'Agreed... are you going onto the field?' Thea asked hopefully

'I will be leading the troops.' Tyrion agreed.

'From up high.' Bronn added. Thea looked between

'And have you ever seen battle?'

'Yes just recently when i was abducted and then i was at the battle on the vanguard against robb stark-' Tyrion told her proudly.

'He didn't make it far,' bronn added with a snigger and tyrion shot him a glare

'Go on.' thea mused

'He got trampled after his grand speech by his own troops'. Bronn told her and thea tried and failed to hide the smile from her face.

'Yes thank you bronn my bride to be will think me very brave.' Tyrion told him bitterly.

'Second times a charm,' thea told him. If tyrion died in battle she wouldnt have to marry him and she could go home. Not that home was a good option as of now.

'I dont like the look shes giving me. Do you see it bronn?' Tyrion questioned as Thea stared down at them. 'she looks like she is picturing my head on a spike,' tyrion mused

'Not on a spike I'm not that mean.' Thea assured with a wink as she walked off

'Oh i like her.' Bronn said grinning.