35. I love a challenge

'The little one can drink.' Negan remarked as they asked Thea and Sandor to join them by the fire. The brotherhood recognized sandor, he was one of the most recognizable faces in all of westeros.

'Lets give them another.' Daryl suggested. 'See if she can keep up.'

"I love a challenge.' Thea said confidently but soon her head was spinning and she was in a fit of giggles.

++

When they made it to a tavern Arya and her companions were less than happy about being stuck with the brotherhood without banners but they were feeding them so they tried to keep quiet.

'I never like the skinny ones it's like drinking from a puddle not that I am adverse from drinking from a puddle-' thoros was saying eyeing Arya curiously

'I don't drink ale.' Arya told him as they poured her a glass

'There is no story that a drink cannot make better.' thoros informed her 'You see though my battle of sobriety is very tedious...' thoros remarked.

'so how did three children-' thoros went on.

'We are not children.' she told him defensively.

'Fine how did three young persons untrained in the art of war escape from Harrenhall?' thoros corrected.

'Gendry is a Smith and apprentice in the armory.' Arya informed them.

'A Smith you say? Where did you train?' Thoros questioned, Gendry looked at arya chewing on his bread, swallowing stiffly before addressing the brotherhood.

'Kings Landing. Tobo Marchette.' Gendry told them.

'That criminal!' Thor exclaimed, 'he charges twice as much as anyone else in the city.'

'That's because he is twice as good.' Gendry told him

'A Smith and a salesman.' Thoros remarked.

'Gendry stole us weapons.' arya told Thoros.

'That so?' thoros questioned grinning over at his men. 'a fortress, like Harrenhal... you lot got out with your charms?' thoros added,

'He knows how to use a sword and so do I.' arya told them. The men started laughing 'my brothers taught me.' Arya went on. Arya stood up pointing her blade out at Thoros but quickly thoros got up knocking her sword from her hands she jumped back.

'To your brothers!' he said picking up his ale again. arya picked up her sword sitting back down. 'you can finish your meals before you go it may be a long time before you get another.' Thoros told them,

'You will free us?' arya questioned.

'We gave you our word... Before you go,' Thoros said as they began to stand up wanting to make a quick exit in case they change their minds. 'let me make a quick speech-' but cheering distracted him, another brotherhood group came in cheering, bringing a prisoner along with them. 'that is an uncommonly large person.' Thoros noted. 'how does one succumb such a large man?'

'Gave him ale until he couldn't see straight,' Negan told thoros. 'The little one too.'

'Poor man you have my sympathy.' thoros poked fun at him. Thoros removed the hood to see none other than Sandor Clegane. 'The hound.' Thoros declared. 'Not a man a hound!' thoros exclaimed howling into the tavern 'so good to see you again.' Thoros remarked, sandors arms were bound behind him, yet he stood intimidatingly tall before them.

'Thoros? The fuck you doing here?' Sandors eyes moved around the group.

'Drinking and talking too much same as ever... a pretty prize lads.' Thoros noted at sandor. His men agreed.

'Girl.' Sandor called 'what in seven hells are you doing with a stark bitch?' They all look to arya.

'I thought she looked familiar.' Thea said her head ponding. 'is this really necessary?' she lifted her bound hands. 'I'm a delicate little flower, I don't hurt people.' She said sweetly.

'I think that can be managed.' Thoros agreed cutting her free.

'thank you,' Thea looked to sandor he stared down at her. 'what? You're all rugged I'm a flower, flowers die when restrained... remember?'

++

'I would like to declare that my beloved brother Robert-'

'I didn't love my brother there's no beloved their.' Stannis told them

'As a courtesy-' Ser Davos suggested

'No take it out.' Stannis demanded.

'I would like to know that my brother Robert left no heirs Tommen, Marcella and Joffrey being born of incest between Cersei Lannister and her brother Jamie Lannister by the right-'

'Jaime Lannister the king slayer call him what he is,' Stannis demanded and he changed it.

'And her brother Jamie Lannister the king slayer by right of birth and blood I do this day claim they claim that-'

'Jamie Lannister the king slayer whatever else use the man still he is a knight,' Stannis reminded them.

'Of course,' he edited and adjusted the letter once again. 'Ser Jaime Lannister the king slayer by right of birth and blood I do this day lay claim to the iron Throne and Westeros.'

'it's all true men declare their loyalty to me, when Eddard Stark learned the truth he told only me I'll not make the same mistake, send copies of that letter to every corner of the realm to the arbor. The time has come to choose let no man claim ignorance as an excuse.' Stannis declared to his council.

'Your Grace, the Lannister's are the true enemy,' Davos told him 'for the time being you can make peace with your brother.'

'I will not make peace with renly when he calls himself King.'

'Many have already declared for the Tyrells and Renly's union declaring Renly to be-'

'Stannis does not need to beg this Lord or that Lord for support,' the red woman told him 'the Lord of light stands between.'

'And how many ships has the Lord of light got on his fleet?' Davos asked

'He has no need for ships,' the red woman told him

'I'm sure he doesn't but we do if we're going to war.' Davos told her 'if not Renly your Grace join forces with Rob Stark.'

'He'd steal the north from half of my kingdom the boy serves thieves according to their deserters as you well know so diverse Joffrey Renly and Robb Stark they're all thieves they'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them.' Stannis decreed.

'I owe you an apology... my duty is to serve. You have chosen the new God over the old gods may the Lord of light watch over us all... shall we drink together?" the master said passing on the cup

'Don't.' Davos warned him but he kept going

'A cup of wine to honor the one true God,' the red woman stood up, he took a sip before handing it over to her she smiled sweetly at him holding the glass in her hands as the man stumbled blood trickling down his nose she drank the remainder of the glass. Blood sprouted from his nose and lips as he crumbled to his knees before them.

'The night is dark and full of terrors but the fire burns them all the way.' the red woman told him