28. Playing with fire

'Cersei must have great trust in you allowing you into her chamber during the hour of the wolf,' Tyrion said with a smirk.

'the Queen regent has a great many responsibilities she often works from dust till dawn,' Lancel told him

'She must be glad to have you helping her from dusk till dawn.' Tyrion walked past him smelling his sisters fragrance on lancel. 'lavender oil always was Cersei's favorite. Lavender oil even as a girl...' Tyrion remarked and lancel's eyes wandered wearily. 'tell me did Cersei tell you of her plans before or after she took you to her bed?'

'What?'

'Nothing to say? no more warnings for me?' Tyrion questioned.

'You will withdraw these filthy accusations,' Lancel said reaching for his blade but Tyrion stood unfazed.

''Have you ever wondered what king Joffrey will have to say when he finds out you've been bedding his mother?' Tyrion questioned.

'It's not my fault-' lancel began.

'Did she take you against your will? Can you not defend yourself knight?' Tyrion spat.

'Your father was here, when I was named Squire he told me to obey her in everything!' Lancel told Tyrion nervously.

'Did he tell you to fuck her too?' Tyrion questioned.

'I only meant I did as I was bid.' Lancel said desperately.

'Every moment... is that what you expect me to believe? You call knighthood my sister spreading open her legs for you at night,' Tyrion laughed. 'oh yes it must've been terrible... Wait here the king want to hear this.' Tyrion insisted, walking off.

'No!' lancel pleaded, 'my Lord I beg of you!' he said dropping to his knees

'Save it for Joffrey loves a good grovel,' Tyrion informed him.

'It was your sister's bidding, the queen. I will stop.' Lancel told him.

'No I think not.' Tyrion told him, 'you are weak and weak men don't stop, they kept going for fear of losing their heads.'

'My Lord?' lancel questioned.

'You heard me. My father told you to stay close to her side, keep her trust, pleasure her whenever she requires, no one ever need to know... as long as you keep favor with me. I want to know what cersei's doing. Where she goes. Who she sees. What they talk of, everything. And you will tell me.' Tyrion told him.

'yes my lord I will I swear it, as you command.' Lancel agreed.

'Rise rise!' Tyrion said clapping 'lets drink to our understanding, oh... you don't have a cup.' Tyrion looked to the glass in his hand's. 'Smile cousin my sister is a beautiful woman and it's all for the good of the realm.' tyrion said closing the door on him 'go back and tell her that I beg her forgiveness but I want no more conflict between us hence forth I shall do nothing without her consent.' Tyrion told him.

'Her demands?' lancel questioned cautiously.

'Oh yes Pycelle will be released in the morning. I will allow her to keep them as a pet if she wants but I will not have him on the council. I could swear that I did not harm a single hair on his head but... That would not be strictly speaking true.' tyrion said shutting the door.

++

'Wildfire'

'Wildfire? Why are you lying to me?'

'I'm not.'

'Bronn I think you should start cutting off bits.' Tyrion said from inside the crate, staring down his cousin.