11. Bother

'I'm sorry my Lord we are filled up every room.'

'My men can sleep in the stable as for myself I do not require a large room.' Tyrion insisted.

'Sincerely my Lord we have nothing.'

'Is there nothing I can do...' Tyrion said knocking a coin on the table 'to remedy this?'

'You can have my room.' Bronn said

'There's a clever man.' Tyrion said tossing him the coin. His eyes scanned the room, landing on none other than Catelyn stark. 'Pleasure to see you again my lady.' Tyrion said kindly bowing to her but Catelyn did not look happy to see him one bit. Soon she was calling upon all the men from all different houses to stand and defend her and her sons honor, as a Tully and a Stark. The noise of swords being draw in their direction caused Tyrion to startle confused.

"Lady stark,' Tyrion said with a hint of bitterness and his guards were incapacitated. Tyrion was dragged away from the inn, still tried and hungry from their journey but not going to get rest anytime soon.

'You said we were going to Winterfell but we are headed in the wrong direction.' Tyrion remarked.

'I did and loudly.' Catelyn agreed.

'Very clever of you Catelyn... they'll be looking for me in all the wrong places but word has probably gotten to my father no doubt soon enough... and my father will be offering a handsome reward.' Tyrion reminded the guards. 'Everyone knows a Lannister always pays his debts... would you be so good just untie me?'

'Why would I do that?' Catelyn questioned incredulously. Bronn was sharpening his sword looking over at the little lord he could get a nice penny off of returning him safely.

'Why not?' Tyrion suggested 'am I going to run? the hill tribes would kill me for my boots unless a shadow cat-'

'Shadow cats and hill tribes are the least of your worries.' Catelyn assured him.

'The eastern road...' Tyrion noted the trail ahead of them. 'we are going to the veil you're taking me to your sister to answer from my imagined crimes.' Tyrion said letting out a huff of a breath. 'tell me lady stark when was the last time you saw your sister?' tyrion asked

'Many years ago.' She admitted.

'She has changed.' Tyrion informed her, 'she has always been a bit touchy but now you might as well kill me here.'

'I am not a murderer, Lannister.'

'Neither am I.' Tyrion exclaimed. 'I have nothing to do with the attempt of your son's life.' Tyrion told her.

'The dagger found-'

'What imbecile arms an assassin with his own blade?' Tyrion reminded her.

'Can I gag him?' one of catelyns men suggested.

'Why am I starting to make sense?' tyrion questioned

++

'My lady?' Sandor questioned when Thea opened the door.

'Hello sandor,' she said softly.

'Are you alright?'

"I should be asking you that.' finally her eyes met his. 'why are you checking up on me?' Thea pondered.

'You come bother me everyday, you hadn't.' sandor remarked.

'as you said, I bother you.' Thea told him. 'I'm trying to be less bothersome.' She said stiffly.

'Thea,' he whispered as she stared to close the door.

'My brother is right, okay? I like attention. But I liked your attention. There is a difference.' She told him and the ghost of a smile pulled at his lips. 'are you alright?' thea asked.

'I'm fine.' He informed her.

'You almost lost your head.' Thea reminded him pushing open her door and letting him in.

'I'm fine.' He repeated.

'that man was your brother?' Thea questioned as he followed her in, slowly closing the door behind him.

"Yes.' He confirmed.

'He killed his horse.' Thea remarked.

'he killed a man for snoring once.' Sandor remarked. 'he's a man you don't want to be anywhere near, flower.' Sandor watched her plop down on the couch she stared at him a silent invitation to join him he swallowed the lump in his throat sitting down on the opposite end. 'Your brother said you ride through breeds.' Sandor recalled.

"Yes,' she agreed. 'I rode everyday back home.' Thea told him.

'You didn't need help.' Sandor told her.

'No. I already told you Sandor I like your attention.' Thea told him confidently. 'and you like mine.' He stared over at her. her elbow perched on the couch behind her and her head tipped into her fist. He stood up rolling his shoulders back as he got up. Making his way to the door Thea watched him go. He pulled the door open and turned back to her just slightly.

'Yes, I do.' He agreed, before pulling the door closed.

++

'Seven hells! What happened to you?" Ned bent down next to arya as he looked her over. Dirt covered her body, while her eyes held concern and worry. "You know I had half my guard out searching for you?" Ned questioned. "Arya, you promised this would stop." Ned sighed.

"They said they were going to kill you." Arya proclaimed

"Who did?' ned questioned confused.

"I don't know. I didn't see them. But I think one was fat."

"Oh, Arya." Ned said shaking his head.

"I'm not lying. They said you found the bastard. And the wolves are fighting the lions and the savage. Something about a savage." Arya didn't know what any of it meant. Ned knew.

"Where did you hear this?" Ned questioned.

"In the dungeons. Near the dragon skulls." she said it as if it was the most obvious thing location for her to be wandering.

"What were you doing in the dungeons?" Ned gave her a scolding look.

"Chasing cats." Arya said it so calmly like it was the most obvious thing in the world. She had told him she would be chasing cats, now that ned thought about it.

'Pardon me my Lord,' Jory said coming into Neds office where he was talking with Arya. 'there's a night watchman here saying it's urgent,' Ned nodded standing from the desk

'What's your name friend?' Ned questioned

'Yoren, if you please. This must be your son he's got your looks.'

'I'm a girl!' Arya exclaimed

'Did Wende send you?' Ned questioned

'No one sent me my Lord, I am here to find men for the wall see if there's any scum in the dungeons that could be used for the service,' He informed ned

'We will find recruits for you.' Ned assured.

'Thank you my Lord that is not why I disturbed you. You're brother Benjen's blood runs black that makes him my brother as much as yours it is for his sake I rode here so fast and damn near killed my horse there are others riding to, the whole city will know by tomorrow.'

'Know what?' ned questioned cautiously.

'Best said in private my Lord.' he looked at arya, kissing the top of his daughters head Ned sent her off.

'Go on we'll talk later. Jory take her safely to her room.'

'Come on little lady you heard your father.' Jory said leading her out.

'Well?' Ned questioned

'It's about your wife my Lord, she has taken the imp.'