22. Problem

'From this time till the end of time we are not part of your realm we are free and independent kingdom of the north.' Cersei ripped up the letter, the peace treaty. 'He has more spirit than his father I will give him that.' she remarked

'You have become quite effective at tearing up papers.' Tyrion remarked 'we can give him his fathers bones back at least a gesture of good faith.'

'Will you give the Starks our reply cousin?' Cersei asked

'I will your Grace.' Alton Lannister replied

'Did you see my brother? When you were the Starks guest?' cersei added

'I did.' Alton admitted 'they have not broken his spirit your grace.'

'If you speak with him... Tell him he has not been forgotten.' Cersei told her cousin.

'I will your grace.'

'Safe travels cousin.' Tyrion added 'do you have a death plan with diplomacy?'

'If that's everything?' cersei said

'A raven flew in this morning from Castle Black.' the maester said

'Trouble with the wildlings.' varys said

'That's why they're called wildlings.' Petyr remarked

'Some of the wildlings it seems have stopped killing each other and started following this king beyond the wall.' varys added

'Another King.' Cersei remarked 'how many is that now? Five? I've lost count.'

'Lord Commander asked that we send more men.' Tyrion read off the note 'to man the wall.'

'Perhaps he forgot we were fighting a war and we have no men to spare.' Cersei told him

'Cold winds are rising and the dead rise with them.' Tyrion went on

'Northerners are superstitious people,' the high maester said

'According the Lord Commander these dead men attacked one of their camps. Mormont does not lie.'

'How do you kill a dead man?' Varys questioned

'Apparently you burn them.' Tyrion said reading through the note again.

'One trip to the wall and you come back believing in grumpkins and snarks?' Cersei teased.

'I don't know what I believe.' Tyrion told her 'here's a fact for you though the nights watch is the only thing that separates us from what lies beyond the wall.'

'I have every confidence that the man of the nights watch will protect us all.' Cersei said leaving Tyrion. 'How is the new bride to be?' Cersei questioned turning back to Tyrion. 'I quite like her, it's a shame she is going to be forced upon you or should I say you are going to have to force yourself into her.'

'You don't think I can win her over?" tyrion mused. And Cersei laughed loudly as she left the room.

++

'Your grace-' Tyrion began.

"I think Lady Theadora's head will look nice next to ned starks what do you think?' Joffrey questioned viciously.

'Lady Theadora is to be my bride.' Tyrion reminded him. 'I like her head where it is.'

'Her family-'

'she is not her family and your mother just told me how fond she was of Theadora, I think it best if she stays. Her families wealth and lands will go to her once her traitors family is killed and she will be my wife so I will continue to help the crown as it needs.' Tyrion offered.