Chapter 63 - Desperation

Start from the beginning

Although he kept a scowl of concentration on his pale face, the state of his body hardly allowed him to focus solely on his work.

He used a pause in the conversation to allow his eyes to flicker over to the clock that hung on the wall before he glanced back at the official who had the floor before his mind began to wonder.

An expert at compartmentalizing his thoughts, Severus heard and understood every word the official said, but that didn't stop him from wondering what Harriet was busy doing right then.

Had she made it back from her errands yet?

Was she upstairs in his office's side room with the children, waiting on him to join them for lunch?

Not able to cast a full Legilimency spell at that moment, Severus sought to calm his own curiosity as he nodded at the man who spoke and used a small bit of his great mental, magical power to grip onto the bond that he shared with Harriet and find her, wherever she was, whatever she was doing.

Severus instantly regretted his decision.

Harriet's scream of pleasure rang out in his mind as the image of her lying nude in her new nest, yearning for him, came clearly into view.

Severus saw his darling naked with her hand between her legs, her eyes closed, and a decadent blush that fanned across her cheeks.

A shiver ran down his spine at the primal animosity in her cry, "SSSEEEVVV!"

Although his rut had not yet begun, the very idea that Harriet was home, ready and willing, vulnerable and needy, sent saliva pooling in his mouth.

He cleared his throat in an effort not to let his dark eyes visibly widen as he nodded at the wizard in front of him who continued with his spirited speech in protest to the magical imports tax his particular group of supporters so vehemently opposed.

Severus gripped the underside of the table for support as the sound of Harriet panting through the aftershocks of her orgasm blared in his skull just as the man who spoke looked at him and frowned, "What do you think about that, Minister?"

For the first time in his life, Severus realized to his horror that he had in fact, not been able to listen along in perfect detail while his thoughts pursued other interests.

"I beg your pardon, Mr. Wilyints."  Severus answered. His voice held such stoic resolve that the other Ministry employees blinked at him with the greatest respect, "However," He spoke with his low drawl solemnly unshaken, ".....In order to provide you with the most accurate assessment, I must ask you to please repeat the last three points of your argument.....so that I may endeavor to accurately consider what you've presented thus far."

Neither Harriet nor Mr. Wilyints had any intentions of stopping.

To Severus's dismay, he endured the next hour listening simultaneously to the Ministry official's argument as his mate cried out for him while she did her best to relieve her painful, lonely ache.

Severus saw little logic in Mr. Wilyints's demands, though if there had been any at all, his ability to detect it would have been greatly impaired as his mate demanded his attention.

Once that dreadful hour finally ended, Severus bid a hasty goodbye to all those present at the meeting before he turned to leave.

"Minister Snape!" Mr. Wilyints called out.

Between his raging instincts and Harriet's cries, it was all Severus could do not to snarl as he turned around.

"Yes.......Mr. Wilyints?" He asked in a calm voice that did not betray his inner struggle.