~Chapter Thirty-Two~

Start from the beginning

"I apologise Greyson, you can go home now," My father said while touching his shoulder. He nodded the tiniest bit and left through the front door.

"What is wrong with you?" He questioned.

"Leave me alone dad," I muttered while walking over to the kitchen.

"He is your friend, is he not?" He asked. I ignored him and started putting some mac and cheese. I didn't want to open up this conversation with him.

"As a kid, you used to make sure nobody around you would get hurt. Now you are hurting the people around you," He sighed. I nodded a little, not giving a shit about what he has to say.

"Are you listening to me figilo?" He asked softly while coming around to me. He push his hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off while heating my food.

"I hate the way you've become," he whispered. My father has never said something like that before so it caught me by surprise.

I looked up at him and stared into his eyes. They held sadness and exhaustion.

"I love you so much, but if you are going to disrespect me in my home, than I don't want you here," he muttered. His eyes glassed over and his throat bobbed up and down.

"You're so insensitive about everything," he whispered. I swallowed sharply.

"Not only you lost her, I lost her too, your mother as well," he smiled sadly as tears continued to brim in his eyes.

"Dad-

"No, listen to me. If you think it's okay to take away from our hurt, it's not," he mumbled.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. He shook his head.

"You're only sorry because I called you out on it,"

"We both know that's not true," I replied. He sighed and looked away from me.

"Don't be like that dad, that's not fair-

He interrupted me, only by shouting this time.

"YOU WANNA KNOW WHATS NOT FAIR? THE COUNTLESS NIGHTS I SPENT NEXT TO YOUR BED WAITING FOR YOU TO WAKE UP AFTER YOU DRANK AND SMOKED YOUR WAY INTO OBLIVION," he shouted. He wiped his eyes to prevent his tears from falling.

"ITS BEEN FIVE YEARS OF THIS DAMN CYCLE. IM ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS,"

"WHATS NOT FAIR IS THAT YOU DONT EVEN FUCKING CALL ANYMORE TO CHECK UP ON US. YOU DONT VISIT ANYMORE, YOU DONT CARE. WHATS NOT FAIR IS THAT I WAS THE ONE BY YOUR SIDE WHEN YOU COULDN'T HANDLE THE PAI-

He stopped mid sentence when he saw someone behind me.

My mother stood in between us, tears forming in her eyes.

My eyes involuntary filled with tears too.

My throated tightened and I attempted to swallow the lump in my throat.

I grabbed my keys from the counter and began to walk to the front door. My mother walked after me.

I put my shoes and and shirt before grabbing my phone.

I opened the front door when my mama grabbed my arm. She had tears in her eyes and shaky hands.

I bent down and kissed the top of her head.

"Tell the boys and Alora that I love them," I whispered. I took her hand off my arm and turned away from them, walking out the door.

I got into my car, speeding out of the driveway.