"Yes, I'm certain that's it! Take me back now!" Harriet demanded, "My baby needs me and I need him!"

Ingrid sighed as she looked at Harriet and rose to her feet.

Harriet scowled up at her in anguish as Ingrid grinned and spoke, "Pain is strength, wife of my son's son. Enjoy the feeling while you have it, the day will come when your son will be a man and then, instead of confronting the problems he'll surely face, you'll long for him to be a babe once more. He will survive without you for these few hours, how else should a child learn endurance?"

Ingrid reached out and took Harriet's hand.

While the two journeyed back to the Snapes' cottage, Harriet didn't bother arguing with her husband's ancestor.

She was in too much discomfort to unclench her jaw and Ingrid had made her far too angry to say anything pleasant.

—————————————————————

By the time Harriet and Ingrid returned home, the entire house had lapsed into chaos.

Severus frantically paced the floor in a desperate attempt to calm his wailing son as the baby's shrill cries rattled the windows while he screamed out his demands for sustenance.

Little Sev's cries had broken Maggie's heart.

Tears of sympathy for her poor brother streamed from her large eyes.

To console her while Severus found himself busy with his youngest pup, Disencan had rushed over to Maggie and hugged the little girl close.

It dismayed Severus that the house elf's kindness failed to comfort his daughter.

"WWWWWAAA!"

"WWWWWAAA!"

"WWWWWWAAAAAA!"

"Daddy! Something's wrong with Brother!" Maggie screeched, "Help him, Daddy! Help Brother!"

"My darling, as soon as your mother returns...." Severus drawled.

"WWWWWAAA!"

"WWWWWAAA!"

His pale face wrinkled with anxious tension as his alpha instincts gnawed at his soul.

The primal urge to tend this pup remained, even though he had no way to achieve his goal.

"WWWWWAAA!"

"WWWWWAAA!"

"Where is Mummy?!" Maggie cried.

"WWWWWAAA!"

"WWWWWAAA!"

"I told you.....little one.....she went somewhere with Rabbie this morning, remember?" Severus sighed as he bounced the baby, "Though...she  should have already returned.....I'm not quite certain why your mother's gone and-"

As Severus lamented the tragedy of the situation, the front door flung open.

"WWWWWAAA!"

Harriet and Ingrid rushed inside as Maggie, Disencan, and Severus all looked over.

Little Sev continued to shriek, unimpressed.

"WWWWWAAA!"

"MUMMY!" Maggie cried as soon as she saw Harriet.

Disencan sighed in relief as he watched Mrs. Snape rush forward with wide eyes to take the screaming baby from Severus.

Upset beyond measure, Severus handed over their son, but he scowled at his wife as he demanded in an angry hiss, "Where....have you....been?.....Are you trying to starve him to death?!"

"It wasn't my choice! It wasn't my choice!" Harriet cried.

When Severus heard the desperation in her voice and noticed the soaked front of her robes, pity filled his heart for his mate as he cast Ingrid a rageful scowl of loathing.

Content that she had the Resurrection Stone in her possession, Ingrid quickly shifted into her Animagus form and hopped over to Maggie.

Harriet hurried to sit on the sofa before she shamelessly exposed her breasts to Little Sev.

The baby's wild screams were hastily stifled once he smashed his face into his mother's waiting warmth and began to suckle as if his tiny life depended on it.

That morning had been tense and stressful for everyone, but finally, the anxiousness began to dissipate.

Rabbie snuggled and cuddled Maggie as Disencan held the little girl on his lap.

Little Sev grunted happily while he finally received what he had spent the past two hours demanding.

Harriet let her head fall back on the sofa cushion as that unbearable ache in her breasts gradually lessened, but Severus wore a scowl as he watched his family.

Maggie was the only reason he held his tongue in those moments, though he did focus his stare on the wretched rabbit who had become the source of his fury that day.

He assuaged his boiling rage with the idea that he would confront Ingrid later that night after Maggie went to sleep.

Severus Snape had no tolerance for people who caused his mate and pups any amount of discomfort or dissatisfaction.