Chapter 58 - Found

Start from the beginning

Her dark eyes met Harriet's emerald gaze as Harriet nodded and said, "Well, I suppose we should start looking. It may take quite a bit of time."

Harriet took a step forward, crouched down next to the plethora of stones and began to squint at the rocks, half in concentration and half in pain.

"This will take too long." Ingrid frowned as she watched Harriet pick up a stone, inspect it, place it to the side, and then pick up another.

Harriet stopped her work to look up as she shrugged and said, "Well....I did purposely hide it to blend in. A Summoning Charm won't work...Do you have any better ideas?"

"Give me your hand." Ingrid ordered as she stuck her palm out towards Harriet.

Harriet blinked as she reached up, grasped Ingrid's hand, and gasped as the earth shook underneath her feet.

"Remember that day....." Ingrid commanded as an unignorable sense of motion began to vibrate their clasped hands in a battle of wills, "Focus on the moment the stone fell from your fingers and a path will appear."

Harriet's eyes widened as she watched Ingrid's face.

Finding no doubt or hesitation there at all, Harriet closed her eyes and thought back to the Battle of Hogwarts.

She remembered standing in the forest that evening....

She remembered the evil sneer on Voldemort's lips....

She remembered the inexplicable pain that the Killing Curse had caused when it had ripped through her body to end her life.....

The stone had fallen from her hand, yes, it had.

Harriet had heard, even in her transient state, the very distinct click that had come from it colliding against the other rocks.

A crack of light appeared on the ground as she clutched Ingrid's hand and listened to that sound as it echoed from her own memory.

Harriet's emerald eyes widened as the crack became a line which grew longer and longer with each jagged rip as the forest floor tore itself apart and created a glowing, iridescent path for both women to follow.

She felt herself stumble as Ingrid yanked her to her feet and rushed along that radiant trail towards the stone's resting place.

The path guided them away, through a distant portion of the forest.

Whether the stone had been transported by bird, animal, or storm remained unknown, but its travel was certain.

Harriet held that memory in her mind even as her breasts swelled and Ingrid's grip tightened painfully on her hand.

As she gazed at the wondrous, eager look in the witch's dark eyes though, she understood that they had not come to seek the stone for Severus, they had come to seek it for Ingrid.

—————————————————————

Harriet had her teeth gnashed by the time their journey ended.

Their walk took them to the opposite end of the Forbidden Forest, all the way across from the acromantula's area.

As their steps ended next to a single, glowing mushroom, Ingrid laughed as she fell to her knees and clawed through the thin layers of topsoil until a small, odd-shaped stone bounced into her waiting hands.

"That's it." Harriet sighed as her breasts began to leak, "That's the Resurrection Stone! Take us home, please!"

Ingrid ignored her urgent cry as she stared at the stone in her hand and asked, "You're certain this is it? Beyond all shadow of doubt, wife of my son's son?"