Chapter 54 - Learning

Start from the beginning

Severus saw them before they started, the big, heavy, chest-wracking sobs of utter despair that welled in his son's throat.

His dark eyes widened as he contemplated how he may avoid the inevitable screeching that threatened to begin.

With a resigned sigh, Severus inclined his head and let his little boy touch his hair once more.

Almost instantly, little Sev's whimpers silenced as a happy smile crossed his face while he let his father's soft, black tresses glide under his pudgy fingertips.

Severus turned back to his work with grit teeth, knowing that any moment his son would grab a fistful of his hair and attempt to rip it out by its roots.

He braced himself.

And braced himself........

And braced himself.......

As the hour bottomed out, Severus glanced over at the baby when the unavoidable pain failed to begin.

Little Sev wore an adorable smile on his face.

He giggled quietly in the happy way of infants his age as he continued to harmlessly play with his father's hair.

His tiny hands were as gentle as the soft countenance on his small face.

Severus frowned to himself as he gazed at his son in awe and realized that little Sev had been born with his mother's kind nature.

While no one was looking, Severus paused to let a low purr escape his throat as he lovingly nuzzled his tiny pup.

Little Sev's happy giggle turned into a full blown laugh as he grasped his father's face and delighted in how very good it felt to be alive.

Severus didn't notice, but Maggie had already fallen asleep and Harriet had emerged from the side room.

She smiled to herself as she laid a hand over her heart while she watched her alpha bond with their newest baby.

—————————————————————

Harriet tried to keep her feelings hidden about the tender scene she had witnessed, but the influx of hormones she continued to endure made that impossible.

"You two were absolutely delightful today." She teased Severus while they readied for bed that night.

Severus scowled over at her in confusion as she laughed and revealed, "You and little Sev....I saw you both this afternoon."

Although his scowl remained, Harriet grinned at the subtle hint of pink that she saw on her husband's pale cheeks.

"The boy will be inquisitive as he grows older." Severus commented.

"Good." Harriet shrugged as Severus pulled on his nightshirt and crawled into bed, "He'll have his father to teach him and answer all his many questions."

"......And his mother to show him which rules can't be broken." Severus sniffed as Harriet kept her back to him while she changed into her nightshirt before she joined him in bed.

Time had elapsed since the birth.

Harriet had feared that Severus's interest in her may have waned, but that ridiculous idea had only been a grotesque miscalculation of her alpha's thoughtfulness.

The midwife had declared her healthy and fit, yet Severus had hardly mentioned any of his desires to his beloved.

He wanted Harriet to tell him when she felt ready to welcome his loving embrace again.

After the trials his darling had been through, the last thing Severus wanted was for Harriet to feel pushed, prodded, or forced into intimacy.

For the couple, it was fortunate that she possessed an admirable amount of courage.

A meeker omega may have waited on Severus to approach her and years could have passed before they knew each other again, but Harriet's patience would have never lasted that long.

Severus put out the flickering candles in their room and settled back against the pillows as Harriet moved to make herself comfortable on his chest.

In the dark privacy of their bedroom, his breath hitched as her velvety fingers danced across the bare bits of his chest exposed by his loose nightshirt.

Severus's eyes widened as Harriet dared to climb over him and nuzzle his lips with hers while she whispered, ".......All rules can be broken, Sev~."

His heart skipped a beat as his darling wife leaned forward and gave him the signal which he had longed to receive.

A decadent groan issued from Severus's throat as Harriet pressed her full, warm breasts against his chest once their lips met in a passionate kiss.

As she wriggled her body against his, his hands clamped down on her waist as he rolled them both over in bed.

Harriet shrieked in delight as Severus took the opportunity she presented to him and tore himself away from her mouth to kiss down her jawline.

"Sev......." She whimpered as his skillful fingers pushed her nightgown down to reveal her full breasts.

As Severus cupped those soft globes in his hands and began to suckle Harriet, she parted her legs to welcome him closer.

Her fingers knotted in his black hair as a hoarse cry rang out from her lips in the seclusion of their bedroom.

Light and silence, reluctantly, Severus pulled away once he realized the need for both.

With Harriet's milk still on his tongue, he scowled impatiently as he lifted his wand from the nightstand and hurriedly cast a Silencing Charm around the room.

A single flick of his wrist lit the candles that sat on the dresser and nightstand before he returned his wand to its resting place and moved back to Harriet.

She gasped as her husband placed his hand over her belly and nonverbally vanished her nightdress and panties to leave her bare underneath him.

Harriet gasped as a hand flew to her abdomen, eager to cover the fine marks that lined her belly as proof she had borne her alpha's children.

Silently, Severus placed his hand on Harriet's and slowly pulled it away.

Harriet frowned as his dark eyes flickered over her, from her swollen breasts to the subtle scars on her tummy, to the extra flesh of her hips.

Harriet feared he would turn away in disgust, but instead, Severus settled himself between her legs, took her creamy thighs into his hands, and began to eagerly kiss and nuzzle the marked softness of her belly.

Mrs. Snape couldn't hold back her groans as her husband painstakingly took the time to worship her as if he sought to thank her for the little lives she had given him, "Ah!.....AH! S-Sev.......You....You still want me like this?"

Harriet's question caused him to stop abruptly and raise his head.

She stared into his dark eyes as he held her gaze in his and licked his lips.

As Severus moved forward and captured her lips in another deep kiss, Harriet wrapped her legs around his waist in silent gratitude.

Their bedroom filled with the soft moans and quiet grunts that came from the joy of a lovers' reunion after months apart.

Harriet's nails raked Severus's back as they moved together.

While she listened to Severus's low, rumbling growl as he emptied himself inside of her, she allowed herself to indulge in the fantasy he had so often entertained.

Harriet delighted in how much happiness she brought her husband, in the snuggles she enjoyed from her little ones, in the sweet smell of her new baby.........

Severus adored family life and she knew it.

He loved their children with a ferocity that made Harriet weak in the knees.

Perhaps one day, she dreamed, she may give her husband even more little ones to cherish~.