~Chapter Twenty-Three~

Start from the beginning

And he began to hurt me.

I woke up screaming my lungs out. My body was shaking and I was drenched in sweat. I heard quick footsteps and then my door flew open.

Silas quickly walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. My eyes were stinging with tears, threatening to spill from my eyes.

I broke down, I fucking broke down in Silas's arms, sobbing and crying into his chest.

I honestly don't remember the last time I ever cried like this.

"It's okay, let it out. Take your time," he whispered in my ear. He rubbed my back and held me, he held me like I would hold him.

"It's not real mama, it's not real I promise," He assured. My head was against his chest, tears soaking into his shirt. I could already feel the pounding headache beginning to form. My head hurt, everything hurt.

"I've got you, I'm not letting you go," he whispered in my ear. He gave me a couple kisses on my forehead before he wiped my tears.

"Im right here, I'm not going anywhere," He assured. He grabbed some tissues and wipe my face before smiling at me.

"All better," he chuckled. I nodded a little.

"Im sorry," I murmured. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why mama, it's okay. It was just a dream," He mumbled softly. When I tried to protest, he hushed me and tried making me laugh. I tried to hide my smile at the ridiculous dad jokes he was telling me, but I was failing miserably.

"Okay, go shower and ill get breakfast ready for us," he smiled. I nodded a little and he left, closing the door behind him.

My whole body was still shaking with fear. I doubt that the shaking would stop before I got to work.

I went over to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I hated everything about myself but most of all, I hate the fact that I let it happen.
-------------------------------------

I was now in front of Silas's school. Before he went to get out, he turned to me and hugged me.

"I love you, have a good day," he whispered. I kissed his cheek and gave him a small smile.

"I love you more," I replied. While fixing the collar of his shirt. My hands were shaking really bad as I tried to fix his top button. He grabbed my hands and sighed.

"You'll be okay, you're okay," he assured. I nodded.

"Bye Mama," he smiled.

"Bye Silas," I replied. He grabbed his bag and walked up the staircase into the school. I then drove off, driving to work.

Even though I took paracetamol, my headache wasn't going away. I've had the worst fucking morning.

One: I ran out of my only concealer so now it's very noticeable that I've been crying.

Two: Silas almost burnt the house down trying to make us French toast.

And three: I didn't want to go to work today.

But I knew I had to get my shit together because we were running kinda low on money and groceries. I eventually made it to Vicenzo's place. I was stopped at the gate by two people.

Theodore and Ares were standing by each other. They tapped on my window and I rolled my eyes at them. I rolled it down and stared at them.

"You going to let me in?" I asked, slightly annoyed at them.